Machine learning can predict with 80-90 percent accuracy whether someone will attempt - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Machine learning can predict with 80-90 percent accuracy whether someone will attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural19 View Post
Reminds me of this bleak dystopian anime I watched a few episodes of. Humanity had developed sensors that could predict how likely a person was to commit a crime and past a certain percentage, they were arrested on the spot. If they resisted, or were likely to commit certain crimes they could be killed on the spot. The task force hunting the most dangerous people had a high probability of committing murder but had somehow convinced the government t hire them rather than kill them.
Of course. They'd have to use killers to kill them, after all. Kinda defeats the point.

Quote:
It's a sad day when the real world is going on the same path as a dystopian set anime did.
At least we don't have genetic testing and registration to sort us into different castes and determine who gets to pilot giant fighting robots.

The anime is called Psycho-pass, it also had quite a chilling scene condemning the by-stander effect and how that sensor system can in fact fail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Sure, using lethal force to prevent a person from committing suicide seems entirely sane.
Shooting any suspect doesn't make any sense if you consider they are supposed innocent until proof beyond a reasonable doubt shows they are guilty. But an alarming number of suspected violent criminals never see a court before they are executed by police. Something something, due process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
At least we don't have genetic testing and registration to sort us into different castes and determine who gets to pilot giant fighting robots.
Speak for yourself freebirth, I am a Jade Falcon true born mechwarrior. And my crèches genematrix springs from Kerensky and Buhallin.