Notices

Your true destiny awaits.

Old Oct 16 '17, 8:44am
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Your true destiny awaits.

A Dark Age - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e

Hi everybody, I'm The Lost Player. This is for my gestalt level 20 game A Dark age. I know I am still new here but hope we can all have fun. So this game will follow an already established group of world saving hero's. This will be a gestalt game and hopefully only really plan on going about ten levels.

The PC's believe or were led to believe they were chosen to defeat a powerful necromancer. This was done but something still does not seem right. The feeling that their final destiny has not come to pass yet.

Game Description:

For twenty years the land of Valindor was besieged by the Necromancer Theselar and his undead army. During the tenth year of the war you had a strange dream. You stood at the old circle of stones in Calderon with four shades and heard a voice call out.

"You have been chosen, go forth across Valindor and gather the people to fight the evil of Theselar for you will need the strength of all the land in times to come."

The four shades turned out be others like you. Chosen by the gods.

It was you and your companions who united the people and led them to victory against the Necromancer. In the end you six faced off against him in his tower as the armies of Valindor fought Theselars undead army outside. In the end the Necromancers magics failed him and he fell to you and your fellows.

That was one year ago. You spent the last year traveling be honored in almost every way by the people's of Valindor. The king of Rhalin even bequeathed you the old castle at Banister and governorship of the territory to do with as you five see fit. Finally you have leave from all the pomp and circumstance of royal courts and noble houses.

There are two completed apps, and five spaces. So if you enter and complete now with nobody else doing so, the odds of success (assuming the DM doesn't just can the whole thing in that case): 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
There are two completed apps, and five spaces. So if you enter and complete now with nobody else doing so, the odds of success (assuming the DM doesn't just can the whole thing in that case): 100%
Now why would I do that. The deadline is still far enough off that plenty of people will finish.

My hats off to you for the ambitious game!

I generally find about 2/3 the applicants will actually finish their applications. The rest usually withdraw, put off finishing it to the last minute and forget about it or simply ghost. You should still be left with a solid cadre of players to choose from though. I might apply as a reader, but I've got too much on my plate right now to go for it with an application.

TheBard was worried that his chances may be low given the large number of applications, and my point was that as it stands currently (obviously, it won't stand like this by the time it closes, but still) his "chances" off success are actually 100%! In fact, there are currently five free spaces between only two completed characters - that's two-and-a-half spaces each!

Sure, there are looooads of people expressing interest, but some of those (including myself - I have quite a bit on my plate right now too but maybe by Nov 30th... ) literally just have empty threads maybe with some rolls in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
TheBard was worried that his chances may be low given the large number of applications, and my point was that as it stands currently (obviously, it won't stand like this by the time it closes, but still) his "chances" off success are actually 100%! In fact, there are currently five free spaces between only two completed characters - that's two-and-a-half spaces each!

Sure, there are looooads of people expressing interest, but some of those (including myself - I have quite a bit on my plate right now too but maybe by Nov 30th... ) literally just have empty threads maybe with some rolls in.
Well that's true.

I have two different concepts that were started for other games I'd love to try here.

But the time/work investment in such a high level power game for a maybe can be off-putting. You spend weeks building, testing, and tweaking your character then don't get in. That's normally what happens when you have over a month, you get swarmed. Most of the highest level games want the fluff ready and a bare-bones outline sheet of your character to pick from (feats, skills, major classes, important spells/items only). That way the player puts some effort into it but, if not picked, they didn't waste too much time. Plus side is the DM gets to get a feel for each character's basic abilities and then can have the players that are picked finish building around each other for party coherency. Often there will be two weeks of preliminaries, and then two weeks of the picked characters finishing up together.

Someone very wise once said "characters this powerful are bound to have heard of each other by now and many of them will have worked together (or against each other)."

I'll be happy to come check things out though. The premise is exactly what I'm always looking for (like 50% of the Weave. heheh)

Bard man up! I am going to make mine from scratch tonight lol

Well. I do love Gestalt.. and I do absolutely love high level games.. Jumping in to the application storm.