Dawn of Worlds

Old Feb 17 '18, 7:04pm
Elder Dragon

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dawn of Worlds

Dawn of Worlds - Forum
Freeform

“Come, godlings. Gather and let us create”

Ur spoke into the void these words of command, and essence pooled around him, lighting up the nothingness with their brilliance. The divine energy roiled and writhed, twisted and split. Soon strands of this primordial matter became distinct, taking forms and shape unbound and alive. Some rose, proud and bright, to meet Ur. Other came forward dark and gnarled, radiating sinister power.

But all were divine, and Ur loved them all. Ur willed it, and a vast marble sprang into being. Palanth, it was called. Each godling simply knew.

"This is yours, my children," spoke Ur, and the deities around him shuddered with anticipation, their futures blank, but filled with the promise of creation.

Welcome, godlings!

The game is "Dawn of Worlds", a simple game where the players take on the roles of gods within the pantheon of a world. Each round, players receive 'points', which they can spend on certain actions to shape the world in their vision. The game is divided into 3 ages, with advancement from each age to the next determined by a vote of the gods. In each age, certain actions cost more or less than others, depending on the nature of the divine energy available to the gods at that time. The first age focuses on shaping the geography and terrain of the world. The second on the rise of the different races and cultures that will come to populate Palanth, and the third on the politics of the world.

The 12 page rulebook is here: http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg...e_1_0Final.pdf There is an FAQ thread, which discusses some corner cases not addressed in the rules, and some houserules we'll be using. There's also a map of young Palanth and a rules reference sheet.

I'd be looking for as many players as make sense - at least 4, and probably up to 12, if that many good applications come in. I would take the role of impassive Ur, writing up each turns actions updating the map, adjudicating disputes, and perhaps adding the occasional event. The players can make a god of any sort they like. I'd be looking for applications in the following format, drafted below for Ur:

1. Diety name: Ur
2. Other names: The Originator; Voidborn; The Maker
3. Alignment: True Neutral
4. Symbol: Two outspread hands, a sphere between them
5. Appearance: Ur has not been known to manifest itself to mortals.
6. Portfolio: Seekers of knowledge, rulers, judges' craftsmen
7. Dogma: Ur is the lord of all creation, and exalts in the workings of complex systems that run on their own. When called on to intervene, Ur remains impassive and logical, intending to interfere as little as possible in order to restore the balance of things. Few mortals worship Ur, as his ideals are too foreign for them to truly comprehend.

Game Description:

“Come, godlings. Gather and let us create”

Ur spoke into the void these words of command, and essence pooled around him, lighting up the nothingness with their brilliance. The divine energy roiled and writhed, twisted and split. Soon strands of this primordial matter became distinct, taking forms and shape unbound and alive. Some rose, proud and bright, to meet Ur. Other came forward dark and gnarled, radiating sinister power.

But all were divine, and Ur loved them all. Ur willed it, and a vast marble sprang into being. Palanth, it was called. Each godling simply knew.

"This is yours, my children," spoke Ur, and the deities around him shuddered with anticipation, their futures blank, but filled with the promise of creation.

Welcome, godlings!

The game is "Dawn of Worlds", a simple game where the players take on the roles of gods within the pantheon of a world. Each round, players receive 'points', which they can spend on certain actions to shape the world in their vision. The game is divided into 3 ages, with advancement from each age to the next determined by a vote of the gods. In each age, certain actions cost more or less than others, depending on the nature of the divine energy available to the gods at that time. The first age focuses on shaping the geography and terrain of the world. The second on the rise of the different races and cultures that will come to populate Palanth, and the third on the politics of the world.

The 12 page rulebook is here: http://www.clanwebsite.org/games/rpg...e_1_0Final.pdf There is an FAQ thread, which discusses some corner cases not addressed in the rules, and some houserules we'll be using. There's also a map of young Palanth and a rules reference sheet.

I'd be looking for as many players as make sense - at least 4, and probably up to 12, if that many good applications come in. I would take the role of impassive Ur, writing up each turns actions updating the map, adjudicating disputes, and perhaps adding the occasional event. The players can make a god of any sort they like. I'd be looking for applications in the following format, drafted below for Ur:

1. Diety name: Ur
2. Other names: The Originator; Voidborn; The Maker
3. Alignment: True Neutral
4. Symbol: Two outspread hands, a sphere between them
5. Appearance: Ur has not been known to manifest itself to mortals.
6. Portfolio: Seekers of knowledge, rulers, judges' craftsmen
7. Dogma: Ur is the lord of all creation, and exalts in the workings of complex systems that run on their own. When called on to intervene, Ur remains impassive and logical, intending to interfere as little as possible in order to restore the balance of things. Few mortals worship Ur, as his ideals are too foreign for them to truly comprehend.

Each turn of the game would take place over the course of a week. There is an incentive for handing in your turns early so I have time to do things like update the map, figure out what 'happens' based on the players actions, etc.

Try the second one, This one. You're right, the first one looks broken.

Well I honestly don't think he can, to much. Any colour would have implications on terrain and such and defining the terrain and such is the job of the gods... So if you want more colour you should come make a god... *wink*