Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

Building Shadowrun5 Character sheet

Building Shadowrun5 Character sheet

So I was interested in building a Shadowrun5 character sheet for myth-weavers and found the very basics of doing so here but I had so many questions that just were not answered. The thread is locked, so I thought I'd throw out my questions into the void here.

Do I need to use the CSS Sheet, classes, and id's determined in the sheet template? or can i pretty much use my own CSS Sheet, classes, and Id's>

If I can use my own CSS, should i use a new style sheet, or can I just embed my CSS in the style tags?

I really don't want to copy paste someone else's code from another sheet in order to get mine to work, but every sheet i see has this same class of "character row", and similar classes like it that gain their definitions from a completely separate sheet which is not part of the given as a part of the template HTML.

So far I'm basing my layout heavily on the official Shadowrun 5 character sheet in the back of the book, but i'm planning to give it more flexibility.

The existing css framework should be the starting point - from there, you'll certainly need to add on your own css. Please do as much as you can within a separate style sheet, inline tags prove a lot harder to maintain.

A lot of the sheets share a lot of similar components and styles, and it's best, whenever possible, to conform to that standard.

The links to assets are out of date in that post. The main stylesheet you'll need to include is:
https://www.myth-weavers.com/assets/css/sheets.css

Shadowrun 5 Character Sheet Progress Report

Just updating on the Shadowrun 5 character sheet I've been working on. I'll try and keep this thread updated until release.

Character Dossier: 80%
The biggest challenge is giving every input feild that needs one a name.
Example<Input class="input-mini" type="text" Name="body">

When that is done JS can call the cells if I ever get around to setting up auto fills. As it stands, All the information is there but you'll have to do your own calculations for Limits, ETC.

Gear: 99% Completed.
This was the easiest page to finish, I knocked it out in an hour, because tables are so easy to work with. the only thing this needs is a section for foci, but I'm deciding on if i should put that in the magic page.

Rigging: 90%
This was done in about an hour, but there are some layout issues I do not like. I used input type="radio" to create a Condition Monitor for each vehicle but it's not as pretty as I want it to be.

Matrix: 0%
Have not started. It will include both a Deck section and a Living persona Section, as well as fields for complex forms, sprites, and programs respectively.

Magic: 0%
Have not started. This page will include your astral form, spells, and powers, as well as foci.

Character Dossier: 80%
The biggest challenge is giving every input field that needs one a name.
Example<Input class="input-mini" type="text" Name="body">

When that is done JS can call the cells if I ever get around to setting up auto fills. As it stands, All the information is there but you'll have to do your own calculations for Limits, ETC.

Gear: 100% Completed.

Rigging: 90%

Matrix: 90%

Magic: 90%

Dossier: 0%

Just a note to anyone actually watching this thread. Rodrigo was absolutely correct when he said making a character sheet was a lot of work. This has been an insane journey in the last week. This sheet is by far the most inputs, tables, and divs I have put on a single html page. Also, I've been through far too much sweet tea for one human being.

Hey guys. Quick update on the character sheet. It's 100% finished, but i'm going through and adding some new features that I just forgot.

Naming important fields: I'm going through and very carefully naming each field that needs it, so that I can call the fields in JS script. This way (if i can figure out how to do it) I can allow the sheet to automatically do the crazy amounts of math for us.

Swapping out some div tags for Tables: Seriously when i started this project I made life very difficult for myself when i choose to format using Div Tags. iot worked just fine, but i just did not feel that divs were necessary for a character sheet.

Making the sheet look pretty: when i started out, I based the general look of the sheet off of the SR5 core rules sheet. I quickly Decided against this because the core sheet is just entirely too cramped. So I chose to base the sheet off of what a player will need. Every character needed a base sheet and gear. but the last sheets were designed for specific archetytpes. So Rigging has a sheet, Deckers and technomancers had a sheet, and Mages and adepts have a sheet. because of this the sheets did not really have a stable design flow. so i'm cleaning that up and making it look pretty.

Taking a break
My fingers need a break

Once you've got naming done, we should take a look at the sheet together before getting into autocalc stuff.