Castlevania season 2 coming soon! - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Castlevania season 2 coming soon!

Just finished the second season at this point in time.

I thought some things went a bit fast, but overall it was really well done. I won't give many spoilers but Episode 7 was by far my favourite.
@Sephirothsword117 - I don't recall any specific scenes of nudity/sex but there is a lot of gore. So depending on where you were that may or may not float. But I suggest watching it when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnd4life View Post

I thought some things went a bit fast, but overall it was really well done. I won't give many spoilers but Episode 7 was by far my favourite.
@Sephirothsword117 - I don't recall any specific scenes of nudity/sex but there is a lot of gore. So depending on where you were that may or may not float. But I suggest watching it when you can.
Slow nights at work. They don't care one bit about blood/guts/gore. Just no sex or nudity or ultra skimpy outfits/sexualized bodies. Thanks!

Boy what is with these voice actors they have? And the script?

It genuinely sounds like half the scenes were ad libs while the va's were drunk. I see on reddit everyone is gushing over this show but aside from the animation which is legit it's just okay. The bad va work and wack lines kind of kills it for me. Gonna power through this since I know it will be brief. At the very least it is longer than the first "season" which combined make this a single cour in your typical anime. Just dear lord no more Goldwyn or that Priest dude....they better not have any more lines XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnd4life View Post

So I finally wrapped up the new season, and I can see why you said episode 7 was your favorite. It was a nice touch to toss in an orchastral cover of Bloody Tears into that first major fight.

Overall, it wasn't a bad season, I thought. A lot of it was very interesting, although some of the political drama surrounding Dracula's castle kinda dragged a bit much, a little too Game of Thrones for my taste, but overall it was very good. And it sets up for the next season nicely.

For the Castlevania fan in me, they did a lot of small touches that really made me happy. Leon Belmont being mentioned, Hector and Isaac appearing, the few song choices from the games... It was the small things that said to me "they did their research, and are fans of the game series".

Powerhouse animation studio does amazing work. I would love to see them do more shows minus Warren Ellis. I think he wrote this script drunk or something.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure Ellis writes everything drunk.