This week in video games... - Page 743 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

It was before she had her baby, at the beginning of the year and I am not sure what she is set to archive until. I have the unofficial upload link. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UDtw8LTrtUY (Am on mobile so hope that’s the right one.)

Gameplay looks pretty fun, even if I don't particularly like the stylistics. The art style isn't bad, mind you, but it's not a cup of tea for me.

Other than that, I'll buy it when my family will not be broke.

I'm waiting for Let's Go Eevee to arrive, which might not be until next week. Thanks Walmart. To console myself, I got Civilization VI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckerby View Post
It feels good to put bullet in people's faces. Or laser bullet. Or rocket bullet. Or explodey bullet.

Or fist. =3
I hear they're making an UFC game for mobile phones!

In other news, I'm playing Sleeping Dogs. The vehicles system is kicking my ass, and it's supposed to be the other way around!
But ramming another vehicle is unexpectedly hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsenRG View Post
I hear they're making an UFC game for mobile phones!
I'm having a hard time not laughing out loud at the prospect of gently tapping the crud out of your opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
I'm having a hard time not laughing out loud at the prospect of gently tapping the crud out of your opponent.
Accelerators determine how strong your slam is. Cue throwing your phone at the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
Tap to make him tap out?

So after a six-year hiatus due to the parent company dissolving, the Darksiders franchise is back under its new creator, Gunfire Games. The third game in the series is, as expected, proving to be quite polarising among fans. A lot of inspiration for some key gameplay features taken from the Dark Souls school of thought.

Anybody else picked this up? If you're a fan of the series, I recommend it pre-sale if your budget stretches that far - it *is* a pricey buy by almost any standard - and if you're on the fence, I must admit that this entry won't convince you otherwise. Wait a couple of years and pick up the trio on a special bundle sale. Respectable 30-odd hours for a decent gamer who is not a completionist (or 40+ hours as a pseudo-rage game for a decent gamer who is not a completionist when on the Very Hard difficulty), and more content to come.

Overall, I'm impressed and am looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dystmesis View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGLTgt0EEqc

So Obsidian just blew out Fallout and Starfield.
That "From the creators of Fallout" part...almost stings, given the recent deluge of horrible press from F76...