Myth Weavers' Milestones - Page 84 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Myth Weavers' Milestones

Wow, 11 and 10 years, that is probably a record. I can imagine all the interesting stories that revolved around those games. Wouldn't consider it an anti - milestone.

Got my 100th post today. Small fries compared to some of the above, but it's the start of a journey!

Next up, 1,000!

100 posts are still, 100 more posts than many who join, so congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalD View Post
100 posts are still, 100 more posts than many who join, so congratulations!
^^ THIS ^^

Far too many people come on, post a few times, then wander off into the wilds of the Interwebz, never to return. Congrats on hitting 100, @Wurtan. I'll be rooting for you to join The 10K Club, and we'll hoist a pint (or share a goofy factoid) when you do!

@Ithamar...bro, I figured you were the King of the club. Your post count is insane.

I tend to agree. If you stick around here long enough to make a hundred posts, you'll probably stick around long enough to hit a thousand too. This medium either drives people away quickly or hooks them for life, I've found.

Speaking of which, I've gone and blown right past my 15,000th post without even noticing, so I'll have this post double as my own self-congratulating pat on the back as well.

Congrats everyone! I’ve got 10k in my sights too, only a couple thousand to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
I tend to agree. If you stick around here long enough to make a hundred posts, you'll probably stick around long enough to hit a thousand too. This medium either drives people away quickly or hooks them for life, I've found.
I'm still pretty young in my time here, but so far this medium for me has been a big part of what I like about this site.

Ever since I was first introduced to Dragonlance as a young kid, I wanted to try these types of games, but I never had a group of friends to play with. Now, even if I did have a group to play with, I don't have enough time in the week, or the ability to block off a chunk of time each week (due to normal life stuff, kids, spouse, job, etc) to dedicate to a gaming group.

Recently I've been looking for something to play that requires minimal time and is more substance then flash, I came across this site, and the Genesis MUD. I really like Genesis, but that requires a bit more time for me then I'm able to commit to at the moment (at least while my kids are young). But here, I finally get to play the game(s) I've been wanting to play for 20+ years, without conflicting with my other demands. Can't get much better then that.