Anime / Manga - Page 147 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

I haven't a new anime/manga to try out for a while honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeone3000 View Post
@Pheonixfire

They finally did it but it was inevitable. Read the latest One Piece.
Urghh! And the character looks so lame too!

I feel betrayed!

Probably not even a musician either...

We are unlocking this thread again. Those participating in discussions are reminded that personal attacks will not be tolerated, and to be mindful that tone does not transmit well over text. Please keep disagreements civil, and enjoy.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43577

So, just to throw it out there, there's a One Piece game that's currently going, got about 7 persons interested in playing/keeping playing, but it's lost it's GM recently. Were using Mutants and Masterminds 3rd edition as the rules system. If anyone might be interested in GMing, it's linked above, please drop by.

So I've recently stumbled on Goblin Slayer, but it looks like it might be a little too much to watch with the wife. A quick skim of Google suggests that it has some fairly mature content, and the little teaser I watched did have a good deal of violence.

Can someone who has watched some of the series comment on the level of triggers and such that pop up in it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalar View Post
Can someone who has watched some of the series comment on the level of triggers and such that pop up in it?
I checked this show out for my sister to see if it was appropriate, and it was not. We have a zero tolerance policy for sexual violence in media in our house. If you don't want to test watch the first episode, read episode summaries, look at the IMDB parents guide, and read the content warnings on a few of the anime sites. If you or your wife would find depictions of graphic (in my opinion) sexual violence directed at women and girls triggering or graphic depictions of violence (including infanticide), then this is not for you.

Thank you. I don't often have time to sit down and watch TV, and when I do I usually spend that time with the missus. Test watching something that turns out undesirable isn't how I like to spend that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalar View Post
Alright, it's actually a controversial subject purely because of the first episode. The first episode includes sexual violence.

Past that, there is some allusion to terrible things, but it's mostly off-screen. The violent content is a bit on the gorey side, but if you can handle the comparison I would it's less Berserk more Hellsing Ultimate, Drifters, or Netflix Castlevania.

The first episode should not be your test episode. The first chapter of the manga is regarded in the same way in that it is not truly indicative of the series as a whole.

The best video on it I've seen is by Mother's Basement. Due to the topic, I'll refrain from linking it, but just searching "Mother's Basement Goblin Slayer". Video is titled "So, About Goblin Slayer..."
Don't have to watch the whole video, just the first handful of minutes.