Share Your Dreams! - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Share Your Dreams!

Share Your Dreams!

So, after buzzing and annoying our Discord with my ultra-surreal dream I've seen this morning, I started to wonder: Why's there no place on MW to share the dreams? And that's where I took the initiative to create this thread. Here, you can share your weird, hilarious, scary, or surreal dreams! But remember the Site Rules! For a quick and clear reference: No Wordly Talk dreams, no sexual (kissing someone would be fine, I guess) ones, and definitely no ultra-gory ones.

Also, I'm not gonna retell the surreal dream of mine in this thread, just because I've already annoyed our entire MW Discord with it. If you really want to know what I've dreamed about, PM me.

I'll throw this out there:

You know how people fall in dreams, and generally speaking, they keep falling and falling until they wake up? I don't. I hit whatever it is I'm falling on. It's like I can see it as it's happening, like playing Metal Gear Solid or something, and I feel the fall, I feel the hit, I feel the whole shebang...and then I wake up.

It's uncommon. Only once every few years or so. But when it happens, by the gods, I remember it for a while.

I dream like crazy and toss and turn most nights.

Most of my dreams are your garden variety anxiety dreams, but I regularly have a dream where I've lost my sisters or they are in trouble and I can't help them. Usually we're in my old ER and one of them is hurt and I'm trying to find what room she's in and can't find her. Stuff like that.

My least favorite dreams are of the "me and some people I care about are in some kind of dire emergency" type.

My most favorite dreams tend to involve large shopping malls. I don't even WANT to know why, as I don't much care for shopping (I like browsing bookstores ...)

Had a dream about a colourful computer game, where I (my character) was running away from an ogre. Top down view, lots of area to go, a few enemies around.

My first lucid dream when I was about 12, I teleported in a forest by focusing on changing the dream surroundings.

When I was playing D&D3.5 about a decade ago, I had a dream about being in a treehouse, enemies were coming up to attack from all sides, and me / my character cast death ward on my allies, to help protect them.

I usually don't have the most lucid of dreams and usually only once every couple of years will I have a dream that really hits me on a deeper level. Some dreams I actually write down in a dream journal simply because I don't want to forget them. I'll see if I can find my "dream journals" for some of them.

By far the most vivid dream I ever had occurred when I was around 20 years old.

That is really the only severe night terror I've ever experience, but to this day I have never felt a sense of dread THAT powerful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. John Ross View Post
My most favorite dreams tend to involve large shopping malls. I don't even WANT to know why, as I don't much care for shopping (I like browsing bookstores ...)
A shopping mall with bookstores . . . that would be a dream around here.

My anxiety dreams sometimes involve large shopping malls too, even though we don't really have those around here. But I love shopping. It is almost as if our brains are out to get us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltedzies View Post
That is really the only severe night terror I've ever experience, but to this day I have never felt a sense of dread THAT powerful.
My step-daughter has periodic night terrors, and has had them since her father died. She doesn't remember them when she wakes up. Vivid dreams that accompany a night terror are pretty rare (congratulations? ). My SD's night terrors happen hours after she goes to sleep. We can hear when she's having one. Sometimes she thrashes around. Sometimes she screams (usually just a short ear-piercing yelp). Her pulse is usually around 140 after and she gasps for air. She wakes up pretty quickly, and if we don't get out of bed quick enough, she'll try to get out of bed and come to our room. Often she is essentially sleep walking when she gets up. Most mornings after, she'll wake up in our bed and not remember anything.

We tried the "disruption treatment." Since most of her night terrors happened between midnight and 1 am, I'd go wake her up at midnight, take her to the bathroom, and then put her back to bed. It did not seem to help much (except now we were both away every night).

She hasn't had one in a few months now . . . but somehow, she still ends up in our bed in the morning.

One night she came into our room at 1:30am and came to my side of the bed. I said, "What's wrong?"

She said (in a completely clear and coherent voice), "I had a night terrror."

I said, "Liar."

And she said, "Yep." and climbed into bed.

She's a sneaky one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchern View Post
It is almost as if our brains are out to get us.
Yeah, mine's been nothing but trouble =)

Uh, today I had a dream where Quentin Tarantino is apparently some extremely dangerous mafiosi, who even has managed to defeat unspecified European spec ops. Then I was browsing Google Maps, where for some reason Sweden is located in France. Then my mom wants to learn English, all of a sudden. Then there were some WT bits about a certain political subreddit. All in all, twas an incoherent dream. I rate it 3/10, and only because of mafiosi!Tarantino.

Now, I have a childhood dream which also was a surreal experience. Basically, I was at Scorpions concert and moshing around. I went into backstage to shake hands with Klaus Meine (their vocalist), but it turns out that it was not Klaus Meine, but Two-Face from DC Universe. Then I wake up.
I rate this dream 9.5/10, would shake hands with disguised Two-Face again.

Had a dream today, something like I was a witch flying on a broom, with intelligent blob things that can peel off like blu tack. They were benevolent and friendly, helping one woman in particular, they could change shape. This was set in an actual street that I usually pass through when I take the bus in to work.