Finding a Retro Game. - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Finding a Retro Game.

Finding a Retro Game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeo...w_over_Mystara

I remember seeing this in Arcades when I was younger, but circumstance always conspired to keep me from playing it, no matter how cool I thought it was.

Now, the article says it got a release on The Playstation Store a few years back, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Does anyone know if it's there and there's just a trick to finding it, or if not, how one could get ahold of it?

A good place to find old games is https://www.gog.com/. Though I checked and they don't currently have the one that you are looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirothsword117 View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeo...w_over_Mystara

I remember seeing this in Arcades when I was younger, but circumstance always conspired to keep me from playing it, no matter how cool I thought it was.

Now, the article says it got a release on The Playstation Store a few years back, but it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Does anyone know if it's there and there's just a trick to finding it, or if not, how one could get ahold of it?
Hmmm - I was able to buy this on the PSN for the PS3 as recently as this year: there's a caveat here in that the game you need to look for is Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. It's actually a bundle of
Tower of Doom & Shadows over Mystara
both of the Mystara arcade games in one. Don't know if they included PS4 support, tho.

It's absolutely on Steam right now. D&D Chronicles. I have it, actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirlot View Post
Hmmm - I was able to buy this on the PSN for the PS3 as recently as this year: there's a caveat here in that the game you need to look for is Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. It's actually a bundle of
Tower of Doom & Shadows over Mystara
both of the Mystara arcade games in one. Don't know if they included PS4 support, tho.
Just tried that. Still nothing. Top search result and evidently the only thing with Dungeon's and Dragons in the title was that Dungeons and Dragons movie with Jermey Irons playing the evil Wizard dude.

Everything after that get's less and less related to what I was looking for.

Is is possible they did something cute? Retitled it or something to tuck it away? Removed it form search so you have to look for something else to find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Saint View Post
It's absolutely on Steam right now. D&D Chronicles. I have it, actually!
Hmmmmm,

I don't have a gaming rig I could play it on. But I am trying to get myself into a place were I can get one. If I bought it on Steam, it would be something I could just throw onto a rig at a later date, right?

I was REALLY hoping to land it for my PS4. Wanted to just have me and a couple of buddies sitting on the couch at one of there places with some snacks having fun with it, and right now the PS4 is the best thing for me to do that with.

Quote:

I was REALLY hoping to land it for my PS4. Wanted to just have me and a couple of buddies sitting on the couch at one of there places with some snacks having fun with it, and right now the PS4 is the best thing for me to do that with.
Ah, there's the problem - a little digging and it turns out the Chronicles compilation only got released for the PS3 on the PSN - doesn't look like there was ever a PS4 port. Yay for me being a generation behind the technological times /

That said, if you're wanting that friends-on-the-couch multiplayer, single screen sidescrolling fantasy brawling experience maybe try Dragon's Crown Pro for the PS4? It's a remaster of a PS3 game which ticks
Honestly, having played both the Chronicles Games and Dragon's Crown DC is the better game: it manages the same beat-em up action from the oldschool days without going all in on the quarters-crunching "screw you" impossible difficulty.
all those boxes and then some: the art style can take . . . well, it can be a bit offputting/take some getting used to depending on your taste but the game does what you want the Mystara games to do, just sans the D&D license. Used it's not super expensive.

Quote:
Ah, there's the problem - a little digging and it turns out the Chronicles compilation only got released for the PS3 on the PSN - doesn't look like there was ever a PS4 port. Yay for me being a generation behind the technological times /

That said, if you're wanting that friends-on-the-couch multiplayer, single screen sidescrolling fantasy brawling experience maybe try Dragon's Crown Pro for the PS4? It's a remaster of a PS3 game which ticks
Honestly, having played both the Chronicles Games and Dragon's Crown DC is the better game: it manages the same beat-em up action from the oldschool days without going all in on the quarters-crunching "screw you" impossible difficulty.
all those boxes and then some: the art style can take . . . well, it can be a bit offputting/take some getting used to depending on your taste but the game does what you want the Mystara games to do, just sans the D&D license. Used it's not super expensive.
Well let's see what the digital price tag looks like.

*Checks.*

$49.99 USD.

... ... ... what is your definition of not expensive? $40 USD? $30 USD?

*Sigh.*

Ok, how much does the game run on PS3. I don't have one, but I do know someone who does, who'd have been in the group.

And the quarters crunching difficulty is part of the flavor. As is the D&D licensee for people whom are in the IRL D&D group, actually. I *might* have considered the alternative, but not at anything even close to that price tag.

Quote:
Well let's see what the digital price tag looks like.

*Checks.*

$49.99 USD.

... ... ... what is your definition of not expensive? $40 USD? $30 USD?

*Sigh.*

Ok, how much does the game run on PS3. I don't have one, but I do know someone who does, who'd have been in the group.

And the quarters crunching difficulty is part of the flavor. As is the D&D licensee for people whom are in the IRL D&D group, actually. I *might* have considered the alternative, but not at anything even close to that price tag.
Dragon's Crown is actually, oddly enough, cheaper in physical format - used I'm seeing it on ebay and via places like gamestop around the 27-$29.99 mark which is the price point I was referencing. Physical copies of the PS3 version seem to be retailing at around $20 or so used, tho I'm seeing a few around $15 on ebay. I know I picked up my copy for the PS3 for around that price, but I also waited and held off 'till I could get a good deal.

Quote:
Dragon's Crown is actually, oddly enough, cheaper in physical format - used I'm seeing it on ebay and via places like gamestop around the 27-$29.99 mark which is the price point I was referencing. Physical copies of the PS3 version seem to be retailing at around $20 or so used, tho I'm seeing a few around $15 on ebay. I know I picked up my copy for the PS3 for around that price, but I also waited and held off 'till I could get a good deal.
I'll poke around. As a comparison, is the D&D game in question still available for PS3, and what's it going for on Playstation store over there?