Quick questions and answers - Page 104 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Quick questions and answers

Not necessarily. A sorcerer with scribe scroll could make a scroll just the same. As a default for random treasure, your statement is likely true, but there is nothing stopping a person from purchasing a sorcerer made scroll or a DM from ruling that any given scroll was actually made by a sorcerer.

Or if the edge is sheer and the surface is slippery, more like a Climb check?

Or maybe you can Escape Artist yourself free of the water.

How do I make this into this? Cold attacks and Dazzling type spells are appealing. If this is too much for a quick answer- I'd be happy to receive the answer in PMs.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Firkraag View Post
Not necessarily. A sorcerer with scribe scroll could make a scroll just the same. As a default for random treasure, your statement is likely true, but there is nothing stopping a person from purchasing a sorcerer made scroll or a DM from ruling that any given scroll was actually made by a sorcerer.
or as a more universal ruling, that Arcane scrolls can be used by any Arcane-able character, and Divine scrolls can be used by any Divine-able character. Shared spells can be used by either

Quote:
Originally Posted by leinad View Post
How do I make this into this? Cold attacks and Dazzling type spells are appealing. If this is too much for a quick answer- I'd be happy to receive the answer in PMs.

Thanks
Short answer? start over. 3.5 does not directly convert to 4E. At all.

I'll send more via PM.

What? No! That converts into a Wizard real easily! Are you willing to re-flavor? All those spells are Wizard spells. See: Ray of Frost: level 1 at-will. Detect Magic and Knowledge: Arcana are both the Arcana skill. Color Spray is a level 3 Wizard encounter power. Dancing Lights is the Prestidigitation cantrip. There's a feat that lets you summon a familiar and spells to summon other creatures, but it's in a book I don't have. There's a feat that gives you more damage with your cold-based spells. Just have him refer to himself as a Sorcerer all the time. Doesn't matter, the flavor can be whatever you want it to be.
The biggest change you'll find is that Wizards don't have to carry around crossbows in 4e. He can cast Ray of Frost as many times as he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMorganes View Post
Short answer? start over. 3.5 does not directly convert to 4E. At all.

I'll send more via PM.
Thanks, I think I've got a decent sheet now. Though I may have missed something.