Pokémon - Page 13 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
Played some Lets Go Eevee, just finished Viridian Forest.
Is it not weird that the highest lv pokemon I have faced is Lv3 Metapod?
The trainers have one or two Lv3 pokemon, while I have a team of level 10 pokemon from just catching a few nidorans near pokemon league.
Because wild pokemon no longer fight, there is little chance of running out of HP or having to dash back to the pokemon centre.

I guess I will see how Brock is soon. It used to be that you had to do some reasonable training to get past his onyx, espcially if you started with Charmander or Pikachu!
It does get more challenging. I just finished the gym at Celadon and I certainly had to make a couple of visits to the Pokecenter while in that area.

I'm debating buying it, but I really love the look of Let's Go Eevee. I'm hoping it's nostalgic enough it'd be worth the money to buy a switch, but I feel like even if not, getting to play Breath of the Wild would be nice. Still..EEVEE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvandi View Post
I'm debating buying it, but I really love the look of Let's Go Eevee. I'm hoping it's nostalgic enough it'd be worth the money to buy a switch, but I feel like even if not, getting to play Breath of the Wild would be nice. Still..EEVEE.
Eevee is pretty awesome. If I had grinded a little more, I could have soloed the Elite Four with him. And yes, Breath of the Wild is very pretty on Switch. I should go back to that sometime.

Pokémon Go Eevee is silly fun and nostalgic. It's definitely worth buying a switch for it, and Breath of the Wild as well. And, let's be honest, you're gonna buy it in a year anyway for the next Gen game. Might as well do it now and enjoy these great games.

The fights in Let's Go feel like Gen 1 to me. The game is super easy early on and, it's a Pokemon game so it STAYS easy if you do a little grinding. Being an RPG, you can easily grind ahead enough to trivialize the game. If you don't grind, it becomes about as hard as Fire Red was.

I've had Pokemon faint! I've never come close to losing and I'm just getting to Gym 4 but that's because Eeevee is absolutely OP. I'm sure, by the end of the game, she won't be anymore but she's super broken early on. Before Misty, Eevee can three 90 power attacks that are Electric, Fire or Water. Water drains health, fire and electric have 100% chance to burn or paralyze respectively. This lets Eevee just stomp the face off anyone.

You know how powerful a 90 power attack is that early in the game? Powerful! And with 90% of attacks being physical at this stage, the 100% burn rate is ridiculous. I've made it a rule to NOT use Eevee at all for now and focus on Bulbasaur. Eevee is on the team but she's on the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Saint View Post
The fights in Let's Go feel like Gen 1 to me. The game is super easy early on and, it's a Pokemon game so it STAYS easy if you do a little grinding. Being an RPG, you can easily grind ahead enough to trivialize the game. If you don't grind, it becomes about as hard as Fire Red was.

I've had Pokemon faint! I've never come close to losing and I'm just getting to Gym 4 but that's because Eeevee is absolutely OP. I'm sure, by the end of the game, she won't be anymore but she's super broken early on. Before Misty, Eevee can three 90 power attacks that are Electric, Fire or Water. Water drains health, fire and electric have 100% chance to burn or paralyze respectively. This lets Eevee just stomp the face off anyone.

You know how powerful a 90 power attack is that early in the game? Powerful! And with 90% of attacks being physical at this stage, the 100% burn rate is ridiculous. I've made it a rule to NOT use Eevee at all for now and focus on Bulbasaur. Eevee is on the team but she's on the bench.
You won't have any problems with the Elite Four.

I was kind of let down by Lets go.
I do not know why but I couldn't bring myself to continue past Koga.
Also anyone else get frame rate drops in Viridian Forest.

I'm really wanting a Switch, it's just hooow do I make that affordable? Lol. The Let's Go Eevee and everything looks fantastic. I'm so ecstatic to see it, and hope when I get it it'll be a lot of nostalgia. I look forward to my daughter getting to play it as well. I think that's why I want it to be easier, leaning more toward that. I want my kid to get to experience it with it's cuteness. I'm hoping Sword & Shield are the challenging ones.