Old May 26 '19, 4:09pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Demon May Cry

Demon May Cry - Forum
Pathfinder

Era: Modern/Comtemporary
Style: Smokin' Sexy Style, Hack N Slash

An unusual phenomenon appears in the middle of New York City, a gate to the abyss has been opened, demons are pouring from everywhere. You are the best and most powerful demon hunters that the world has ever seen...time for you to kick demon ass! And find out which demon lord is responsible for this mess!

Most of the enemies are going to be Demons (Evil Outsiders), yeah you are expected to come prepared for this.

This is going to be a relatively short campaign, mostly action-adventures and with the so many varied demon lords, you might be able to form alliance, betrayal, etc...

Religion:
Faiths of interest to demon hunters:

Ennead: Egyptian Gods.
The Olympians: The Greco-Roman Gods of legend.
The Aesir: Northern Europe gods, Odin, Thor etc...
The Nahuatl: Aztec pantheon
Kotoamatsukami: the Japanese gods
The Loa: West African Gods

Choose domains that you believe are appropriate for your deity of choice.

Character creation:
Character applications go in this forum.
Sources: 1 PP Material + Drop Dead Studios Spheres content
Level: 25
Hit Points: Max at first level, average for the rest
Gold: 2,100,000 gp (As per WBL guideline 700,000 gp limit on one magic item)
Races: Up to 30 RP, which should cover most of the races available in PF
Alignment: Neutral or Good, you are demon slayers after all.
Stats: 25 point buy.
Special Rules: 2 traits, a drawback for a third one

-Elephants in the Room 2nd edition (June 2018): http://michaeliantorno.com/item/feat...in-pathfinder/
-Variant Multiclassing: http://legacy.aonprd.com/unchained/s...iclassing.html (VMC doesn't go beyond 20)
-Fractional Base Bonuses: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...-base-bonuses/
-Background skill: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/background-skills/
-Guns Everywhere: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment/weapons/firearms/ (this rule modifies the Tech Sphere, see inventor book for more details)
-No xp, achievement-based progression (max of level 30, most likely will end before 30)
-Technological Items are commonplace. High-tech equipment are half price.
-Crafting robots cost is halved.

Epic core classes are described in the game ad thread.

Game Description:

Time to save the world! Demon Slaying!

What is your definition of a "short" campaign and will there be a chance for it to continue after what you have planned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendormu View Post
Super interested, but what time and timezone?
Since this is a play-by-post site, unless the game says otherwise, it's normally played "by post" - meaning that it does not have a specific time or timezone. Each player simply posts a bit (some actions or some conversation or whatever) whenever they can, and then waits for others to reply. Of course that can result in a much slower pace, but it means that people all over the world or with different schedules can play together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFred View Post
Since this is a play-by-post site, unless the game says otherwise, it's normally played "by post" - meaning that it does not have a specific time or timezone. Each player simply posts a bit (some actions or some conversation or whatever) whenever they can, and then waits for others to reply. Of course that can result in a much slower pace, but it means that people all over the world or with different schedules can play together.
Ah, right. For whatever reason I thought this was for a roll20 or discord-based thing.

There are some games like that, but they require at least a game log here on myth Weavers in order to be allowed to post an ad and recruit here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absitz View Post
What is your definition of a "short" campaign and will there be a chance for it to continue after what you have planned?
Hard to translate "short" in pbp but in general, from my experience, players like to level up every 2 or 3 sessions. Assuming the game reaches level 30, roughly 10-15 sessions, assuming 10-15 chapters (so the equivalent of 2 standard AP books roughly).

Some chapters might be faster or longer than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleReign
Ennead: Egyptian Gods.
The Olympians: The Greco-Roman Gods of legend.
The Aesir: Northern Europe gods, Odin, Thor etc...
The Nahuatl: Aztec pantheon
Kotoamatsukami: the Japanese gods
The Loa: West African Gods
Someone's been playing some Scion games lately........ =P

Checks already overflowing creation forum.

...what the hell. I love making high level characters enough that I almost don’t care if I get in or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyManHerc View Post
Checks already overflowing creation forum.

...what the hell. I love making high level characters enough that I almost donít care if I get in or not.
I always try to take that attitude. This level is way above my comfort zone, and there are so many applicants who know high levels much better than me. But creating a character can be a fun mini-game in itself, from the right perspective.