Curse of the Crimson Throne - Myth-Weavers

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Old Jun 12 '19, 2:55pm
Songbird Extraordinaire

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Curse of the Crimson Throne

Curse of the Crimson Throne - Forum
Pathfinder - Golarion

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the adventure path, Curse of the Crimson Throne will follow the PCs through many trials throughout the Varisian city of Korvosa. Without going into detail and giving spoilers: Korvosa is about to take a sudden nosedive. The majority of the game takes place within the walls of the city, which I think allows for a more cohesive storyline and higher stakes for those who have built their lives and homes there.

To start off, however, the group is being brought together by a crime lord who has wronged them and a message written on a Harrow card that has recently appeared in your character's possession under mysterious circumstances. The message reads as follows:

I know what Gaedren has done to you. He has wronged me as well. I know where he dwells, yet cannot strike at him. Come to my home at 3 Lancet Street at sunset. Others like you will be there. Gaedren must face his fate, and justice must be done.

I am looking for two (or possibly three) characters to even out the group. The group will already contain a chaotic neutral alchemist and (possibly) a melee ranger. A dedicated frontline fighter, a healer, and a rogue type seem to be the major missing pieces, but those roles are not set in stone as requirements for being chosen. The application guidelines can be found here.

Due to the small number of characters being chosen, I am planning on keeping applications open until next Wednesday at 3 AM. Depending on the variety and number of applications, this may close sooner rather than later.

Game Description:

Korvosa has long stood as the first bastion of civilization on the wild frontier of Varisia. Yet tragedy seems to haunt the city’s royal bloodline. Few of her rulers rule for long, and none have lived to a ripe old age, dying instead well before their time. Heirs to the throne are few and far between—in its 300-year history, no king of Korvosa has directly inherited the Crimson Throne from his father. This is the source of much gossip and tale-spinning among the city’s citizens, who speak in hushed tones of what they have come to call the Curse of the Crimson Throne.

For the citizens of Korvosa, however, a curse on the kings is the least of their worries.

Last edited by Eternalsinger; Jun 18 '19 at 5:43pm..
Oh good god, come on! I love this AP!

Sadly, I'm 90% sure I don't have time. I certainly won't find out before Wednesday. Ah well. Life.

Good luck to everyone who does apply tho.

My interest is piqued. Would you accept a character built mainly from core material? I'm not deeply familiar with the entire breadth of PF stuff.

@Kylia Quilor: That's too bad. Best of luck!

@Whosit: That's absolutely fine! I look more for engaging backstories rooted suited to the plot and possible interesting character dynamics within the group much more than pure mechanics and knowledge about the complex details of every class in Pathfinder.

I played a bit of this on the weave a few years back (game has long been archived). Is your party some ways along, or will you be starting from the very beginning?