“Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected” Who does martial arts? - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

“Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected” Who does martial arts?

“Beware! Your bones are going to be disconnected” Who does martial arts?

(The quote is off a site that has a series of funny ninja movie quotes.. i like it )

Just thought I find out how many of you guys are out there kicking this, punching that or throwing him…

I myself train in the martial art of Ninjutsu.

For those that don’t know what Ninjutsu is use your excellent minds to puzzle it out… Ninjutsu… Ninj… Ninja… Our particular dojo doesn’t focus on the mystical ‘now you seem me now you don’t’ aspect of many fabulous 80’s-90’s movies. Rather practical aspect of ninja put in present tense situations.

Well, I currently practice Krav Maga, though it's not really a martial art. It's more accurately self defense and practical conditioning.

Previously, I've studied Taekwon-Do, Kenpo, Isshinryu karate, and Bando Kickboxing.

Never studied any martial arts althought been facinated with it. I loved Bruce Lee and his philosophy of fighting, which Krav Maga seems to follow a bit. Are there any places within the Va area?

Krav Maga is definitely a good system to train in if you're concerned with real-life self defense; however, if you are concerned with an art steeped in history in tradition, you won't be happy with it.

I train at the Owings Mills location, in northern Maryland. I know that there is a location in Columbia, which is just north of DC, but I'm not sure what's in VA. That being said, however...I can find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryator
Krav Maga is definitely a good system to train in if you're concerned with real-life self defense; however, if you are concerned with an art steeped in history in tradition, you won't be happy with it.

I train at the Owings Mills location, in northern Maryland. I know that there is a location in Columbia, which is just north of DC, but I'm not sure what's in VA. That being said, however...I can find out.
Honestly, I have always wanted to learn martial arts, however, I knew that these forms that I saw on Saturday Kung Fu theater was crap. Until I learned of Bruce Lee.

I have his book and have read his book, The Tao of Jeet Kun Do. I have heard a few interviews of him and feel that his idea of "fighting" is correct. I will definately take a look at this and maybe I will be joining you as a Krav Maga fighter....

Ah this is good to see, what started as an interest in who did martial arts in the community is turning into a recruitment thread as well. There's a contact art out there for everyone big or small.

I've studied kenpo, kobujitsu, and Iaijutsu.

I have studied: (from most recent to long ago)

Krav Maga(Not yet but possibly soon thanks to raytor...and there is a certified school only a few miles from my house )
Kenpo
Judo/Jujitsu
Taekwon-do

When I saw this thread, all I could think of was . . .