Kickstarters - Page 12 - Myth-Weavers


General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.


Kickstarters

   
This one looks kind of cute, Golden Sky Stories. Its from the same people who made the MAID RPG. I am tempted to kick in at the $50 level, as I can get a PDF of this game and Maid out of the deal.

The dwarven forge pieces do nothing for me, but I wish them all the best.

I remember one of my DMs using them a decade ago, and even then they didn't catch my attention. Too costly for not enough dungeon, in my humble opinion. The DM was from Carbondale and kept talking about the pieces, but they hampered our gameplay more than helped. It turned into a hunt for suitable character miniatures that never looked right within the sets, which later turned into using card tiles for characters, then not caring about the forge pieces after that.

The Eclipse Phase Player's Guide.
While I don't know how I feel about companies just using Kickstarter to pre-sell their product without investment, it does allow some items to be made that normally would just be drafts or that never go beyond product conversation meetings. Posthuman Studios may want to work on those Stretch Goals.

The Calamus Kickstarter

Please, please, please, PLEASE let's make this a thing. Add in Skype and PC support and it is literally everything you need for a virtual tabletop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
(stuff)
We do have a general kickstarter thread to avoid having dozens of these things float around.
I've merged yours into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
Please, please, please, PLEASE let's make this a thing. Add in Skype and PC support and it is literally everything you need for a virtual tabletop.
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that The Calamus is going to be available on Android, iOS, PC & Mac. We are not leveraging Skype because of issues plugging in their apis. However, we do have a built in chat system that will allow group chat and user to user chat. We are really excited about the Calamus and what it has to offer. If you have any questions about the app, feel free to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by massond View Post
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that The Calamus is going to be available on Android, iOS, PC & Mac. We are not leveraging Skype because of issues plugging in their apis. However, we do have a built in chat system that will allow group chat and user to user chat. We are really excited about the Calamus and what it has to offer. If you have any questions about the app, feel free to ask.
What's the chances of some guns? A lot of virtual tabletops have plenty of stuff for fantasy games, but contemporary and SF games are left in the dust. It makes it difficult to run something that isn't swords & sorcery with those programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveled View Post
What's the chances of some guns? A lot of virtual tabletops have plenty of stuff for fantasy games, but contemporary and SF games are left in the dust. It makes it difficult to run something that isn't swords & sorcery with those programs.
It will definitely have the capability. We are going to be talking extensively about what content our backers are looking for. We will be putting out small expansions to theCalamus frequently, which will include extra art work for different settings. Anybody that donates $25 dollars or more will have a direct vote in what our first expansion is. We have been talking about the possibility of our first major expansion being space/sci-fi. We know that there are a lot of people, us included, that love sci-fi.








Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Last Database Backup 2019-07-17 09:00:07am local time
Myth-Weavers Status