Kickstarters - Page 7 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Kickstarters

To help him out here is a kickstarter a friend of mine has.. ehh.. kicked off...

Papier is an adventure game that takes place in a world made of paper
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...pier-adventure

Divine Blood RPG Project

I'm currently in the middle of a project to produce an RPG supplement in relation to one of my novels.

The kickstarter is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...vine-blood-rpg

I'll put an FAQ for the project below.

well i read the first short story and i was pleasantly surprised. At first i wasn't sure about it, having this notion that this was nothing more then some sort of fanfic-esqe attempt at writing a fantasy story. That is until i realized that i had read the whole thing and was moving on to the second story without thinking about it. Bravo. It will be interesting to see if/when the subject material is translated into a viable PnP RPG, but honestly even if it isn't i believe i would be more then happy to find it as a novel series at my local Barnes and Noble. Bravo again and as soon as finances are more stable I will definitely look to purchase the book(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrythlind View Post
I'm currently in the middle of a project to produce an RPG supplement in relation to one of my novels.
(snip)
Moved to General Discussion and merged with the existing kickstarters thread.

Well, getting into brick and mortar stores is difficult, have to take some resources and spend on ISBNs first. because they won't even think about carrying me until I do.

I also want to look into translation into Korean and/or Japanese, but again, expensive.

As to the quality, well I do fanfic for two reasons.

A) the fun

B) practice

When writing fanfic, I find you can use the fact of a prior existing franchise as a framework to ease the workload and thus focus on:

Character development

Plot development

Figurative language

Gauging audience response via reviews.

Predicting audience response.

Descriptive Language

Analyzing why various statements get the response they do.

And so on

Even when I do something for fun, the habits of self analysis are always there and a lot of my fanfics include elements I fully intend to use in a full original setting.

And most stories I write come with an awareness of tons of other elements going on in the world unrelated to the story itself and unlikely to get into the novel. Just stuff that hangs out in my notes or can be used to make a world setting sourcebook.

Also, it's not going to have its own rule set so much, I'll likely post a general description of the fate system and say "buy fate". I don't really care if a player throws my rules out and adapts their own system. The setting is the main thing here.

Ya. I put a limit on myself last night. I get in there and read peoples stories and ideas and its like
Pledge pledge pledge pledge....wait for it...pledge pledge pledge.

It's terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malanthrax View Post
Ya. I put a limit on myself last night. I get in there and read peoples stories and ideas and its like
Pledge pledge pledge pledge....wait for it...pledge pledge pledge.

It's terrible.
Well, even if you can't pay...you can pass the word around. Link me on your facebook or google plus or twitter...yadda yadda