Anime / Manga - Page 103 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Hm... Is anyone watching Rage of Bahamut Genesis this season? I keep hearing good things about it (it was rather pretty), but I found the main character grating enough to drop the series at the first episode (something I'm not a huge fan of doing).

Does it get better? What's the allure aside from being pretty?

I just watched the first episode, and at least for me, it's the mystery of "what in the HELL is going on!?" I want some backstory on the chick, who she is, what she's doing, and why she's doing it. And I'm hoping that the lead dude has some major character development, because right now he's not especially deep or interesting.

I know. He's supposed to be the lovable rogue, I think, which is a character type I generally enjoy, but here... something just didn't click with me.

If you keep watching Grey, let me know. I already have more than enough shows to watch this season, but I don't want to pass up something legitimately good just because of a bad first impression.

Just watched up to episode 3, and it's definitely getting better. Mr. Bomber Head isn't getting away with nearly as much of his crap, and there'd a lot of great character development going on. Lots of new mysteries to solve, too.

Hm... I suppose I'll pick it up, then. I've had a much easier time keeping up with my shows this season as compared to the last few, so it probably wouldn't hurt to add one more...

Is anyone having issues with the Crunchyroll app? I updated it, and all of a sudden the ads nearly tripled. Usually it's one ad at the start, one after the OP, and two at the commercial breaks. Now it's one to start, and three everywhere else. It's getting annoying to have to wait through 5 minutes of unskippable ads just to watch anime.

Did they start adding more ads or something?

On a more anime related topic, I finally got around to watch TTGL. It was weird to see the MC faceplant into tits and not only not get a shriek or a slap, but a smile? It's pretty enjoyable, but that's completely ruined by the above issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3mentoMori View Post
On a more anime related topic, I finally got around to watch TTGL. It was weird to see the MC faceplant into tits and not only not get a shriek or a slap, but a smile? It's pretty enjoyable, but that's completely ruined by the above issue.
Ruined? Yoko is pretty strong and independent, and I think it's pretty cool that she's not easily shaken or threatened by what a little boy might accidentally do. She knows the boy is no lecher and means no harm, so why over-react? I know that it would make me eye-roll if this badass character who risks her life everyday by attacking Gunmen is suddenly turned into a shrieking little girl by accidental body contact. I'm glad she's has a sense of humor, able to smile or hold back laughter as this little boy stumbles and tries to apologize. To me, that showed me a lot about her character with how she took that.

You didn't go far enough up, Mishra. I loved that she took it maturely. It was unexpected, and added to how much I like her character.

What ruins the show (and any show on Crunchyroll atm) is having to sit and wait a minute and a half for 6 minutes of content. Especially when that f**king Arrow commercial airs fifty bajillion times! I've heard 'Two years ago the people of Starling/Sterling City thought I was dead.' so many times that I'm ready to break anything I can reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3mentoMori View Post
You didn't go far enough up, Mishra.
Quote:
It's pretty enjoyable, but that's completely ruined by the above issue.
Ahhhhh. I read your post but focused on the last part, thinking you thought the series was pretty enjoyable, but that the faceplanting was weird and ruined the show. Apologies.

[edit] And I can't help with the ads, as I'm not too familiar with the app. Is there a paid version of the app that allows you to remove the ads? If it's something you might watch constantly, then $1.99 or so isn't too bad to remove ads.

Haha, it's all good. I can see how that could happen. No, I quite enjoy Yoko and her... personality. Kamina is also pretty cool. And by pretty cool, I mean a badass. Oh, there's an elite Gunmen there? I want it. Doesn't work? I'll just overwhelm its restrictions with SHEER MANLINESS and proceed to dropkick something so hard my mech's legs fall off. Reminds me of HFY stories.

I finally watched it because someone had mentioned it was just as over-the-top as KLK, and I had just finished rewatching Gamagoori's first scene in KLK.

Nope. Gotta pay a subscription. And at this point, I'd rather suffer through using my browser than pay them.

Gonna try reinstalling, since it hadn't occurred to me to try that... Hopefully it works.