Anime / Manga - Page 12 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
The creator was literally strung out on drugs when he wrote the latter half of the show. If I have to drop acid to make sense of it, I think I'll pass lol.
Actually he was suffering from severe depression and going through a divorce.

Same thing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus75 View Post
Same thing lol
As someone who has had to deal with clinical depression for almost 30 years, I take exception to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
At some point I will finish watching Evangelion. My main issue hasn't been the content so much as I prefer to watch newer shows, that aren't in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Being an aspect ratio snob is what has kept me from watching more Masumune Shirow titles such as Tank Police, Bounty Dog and Real Drive. Though for some reason, it didn't stop me from watching the first two seasons of Aria though it may have helped I read the manga first.
I don't think it really is worth finishing Evangelion. Under Naruto, it is the second worst anime I've seen on my list. I've regretted watching it. The first half fooled me into buying the box set and watching it with my brother. My guitar teacher even showed me pictures of two cosplayers he saw somewhere. I was like "Ugh, Evangelion." In my head. He's never seen it so, I can understand why he found the appeal. I didn't want to be that one guy to say Evangelion isn't that great. I did that at a convention once and. . . I got yelled at for it using the depression excuse. It's not even the deepness, it's the execution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAcerbus View Post
I don't think it really is worth finishing Evangelion. Under Naruto, it is the second worst anime I've seen on my list. I've regretted watching it. The first half fooled me into buying the box set and watching it with my brother. My guitar teacher even showed me pictures of two cosplayers he saw somewhere. I was like "Ugh, Evangelion." In my head. He's never seen it so, I can understand why he found the appeal. I didn't want to be that one guy to say Evangelion isn't that great. I did that at a convention once and. . . I got yelled at for it using the depression excuse. It's not even the deepness, it's the execution.
A story can have all the depth it wants, but when it becomes too convoluted to follow (and abandons its overarching story halfway through), its "depth" means jack-all.

Evangelion's a great series, and the movie, End of Evangelion, is an outstanding film. But, instead of me rambling on, I'd love to hear what the other's didn't like about the franchise. I'd love to hear your perspectives and takes on what rubbed you wrong about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishra View Post
Evangelion's a great series, and the movie, End of Evangelion, is an outstanding film. But, instead of me rambling on, I'd love to hear what the other's didn't like about the franchise. I'd love to hear your perspectives and takes on what rubbed you wrong about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAcerbus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
Wow, This is part of what I wanted to say, but in better words.