Anime / Manga - Page 13 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus75 View Post
Yoshiyuki is moderating this thread.
Could be worse could be...

Anyway lets move off Evangelalion (I know I spelled that wrong I just dont care enough to check the post above me for the correct spelling.) I watched K project recently and everyone was right at the end of it my feels were in a corner crying.

I don't think I've ever been moved to tears by an Anime before, well except Digimon 3rd season but I was ...10 around the time and cried easier than the dried up geezer I am now. I think execution in the second half is crucial to an anime/manga, especially if I've invested time into a series and honestly many aren't really willing to do that, especially...*ugh* those stupid action romantic comedies, you know the ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
I don't think I've ever been moved to tears by an Anime before, well except Digimon 3rd season but I was ...10 around the time and cried easier than the dried up geezer I am now. I think execution in the second half is crucial to an anime/manga, especially if I've invested time into a series and honestly many aren't really willing to do that, especially...*ugh* those stupid action romantic comedies, you know the ones.
Digimon Tamers was the best out of all the other seasons. I have an epic Gallantman figure in my room from the D-Arts Line. That was the darkest Digimon season out there. After the newer seasons came out, the first two became blah, season five seemed pretty good. The new one breaks all digimon convention and ruins it. Frontier was alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
If you want an anime that will move you to tears, watch CLANNAD. The first season is decent, but the second season will really hit you in the feels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
If you want an anime that will move you to tears, watch CLANNAD. The first season is decent, but the second season will really hit you in the feels.
Clannad After story was definitively the best of the "tearjerker" anime. I think Angel Beats, Air, and Ano Hana deserve mention as well. Though for some reason the one anime/manga that still hit me the hardest in the tearduckts (and makes me choke up just thinking about) were the Satoko arcs in Higurashi no naku koro ni, especially the scene on the telephone during minagoroshi-hen.

@TheQuestion: As for romantic comedies: try Nodame Cantabile, it doesn't take place in high school for a change, avoids the whole harem scenario, and is actually educational (if you like classical music). Skip Beat was also good.

Are you sure it's "CLANNAD"? because I was watching the 1st episode and half way through I saw a grey haired girl beat the tar out of three guys riding motorcycles, I was like "I think I've been tricked".

Yup, that Clannad

As I said it's the second season that's the famous one. Especially from ep 16 onwards, when things have moved away from the High School setting.