Anime / Manga - Page 6 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorKalia View Post
I'm surprised I haven't seen Samurai Champloo on the list yet.
I mentioned it earlier in the thread along with various others.

I'm also a fan of Fairy Tail. Though a lot of my friends who watch anime weren't crazy about it for some reason I can't comprehend.

Serial Experiments Lain.
If you can get past the weirdness, it's surprisingly deep and philosophical. Also damned good soundtrack, which is how I found it in the first place.

i would definantly recomend One Piece if ur into action, comedy cause it has everything u could ever want (i even cried a couple times through the series). Its a long anime though with about 600 episodes.
thats my number one recommendaton also for action-Rurouni Kenshin, Fairy Tale, Rave Master, All Gundams(specially seed), Code Gease(also psychological), Naruto(duh), Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist, inuyasha(bit overrated).
If ur into sports anime then definantly Prince of Tennis(way better than it sounds), and Eyeshield 21.

Ah! Someone mentioned Kenshin - this one is one of my favorites. (It recently came out with a live action movie, they took some liberties, but overall I liked it)

Sports anime that deserve mention: SLAM DUNK and Hajime no Ippo (1000 chapters and still going, WHAT?!)

Slice of life: Saint Young Men and Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef33 View Post
Sports anime that deserve mention: SLAM DUNK and Hajime no Ippo (1000 chapters and still going, WHAT?!)
I believe that would be manga, not anime :P

But if we're talking sports anime, I really enjoyed Kokuro no Basket (crossing my fingers for a second season!), Major, and Eyeshield 21. Area no Kishi is alright, but I feel like it starts off really high, then sort of falls off a cliff after a dozen episodes. Prince of Tennis isn't too bad, but has a very "shounen" style to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfeld View Post
I believe that would be manga, not anime :P
wow- getting nitpicky, aren't we? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef33 View Post
wow- getting nitpicky, aren't we? :P
lol but you listed it under anime! That's like giving somebody a list of great movies to watch, and having a book title scrawled across the bottom :P

I haven't really checked out sports anime since I hate sports to begin with. I did enjoy Prince of Tennis though. Do I remember from the last time I watched it, no, It was a long time ago, before I started going to conventions and such. I have terrible memory up to a certain point. Main reason why I rewatched Zoids and Beyblades. Come to think of it, I recommend Zoids New Century Zero. Fuzors was bland, Chaotic Century bored me and I have yet to watch Genesis.

I'm not too much of a fan of sport manga, Ippo I guess is good, Eyesheild 21 was "interesting", but I loved Harlem Beat.