Hearthstone - Page 7 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddian View Post
The turn he comes out, he's basically a Silver Hand Knight for 1 more mana. So if he's dealt with immediately, he's actually worth less than a lower-cost common. Taunt, especially on just a 2/2, is not worth the 1 additional mana if you look at similar-costed cards. And if he isn't dealt with immediately, you could have had a Cairne. Or a Gadgetzan Auctioneer, or something. Basically if someone can't deal with a 4/4 on turn 6 they have either built their deck wrong or they have gotten very unlucky, and much worse things could happen to them than Hogger popping a new 2/2.
Time to make my Hogger + Master of Disguise Rogue deck LOL

I'm pretty sure Questing Adventurer is still better. Poor Hogger.

In my experience, Hogger is a solid roadblock to overcome in arena.

Unfortunately, this doesn't hold true in constructed.

Infinity Wars is like Hearthstone. In my opinion its even better. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Blizzard, but the way that Infinity Wars works for me is just phenomenal. I'd say its more of an enhanced MtG than a dumbed down one, but it is totally free to play. That being said, I want to throw my money at them just for the sexy aesthetics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReaper95 View Post
Infinity Wars is like Hearthstone. In my opinion its even better. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Blizzard, but the way that Infinity Wars works for me is just phenomenal. I'd say its more of an enhanced MtG than a dumbed down one, but it is totally free to play. That being said, I want to throw my money at them just for the sexy aesthetics.
Excellent, something to distract me from GMing.

The thing about MTG is that it doesn't play very well online. Because you have to deal with all the permissions that come with the stack, it tends to slow the game down to a crawl. That's one of the biggest reasons why Hearthstone was streamlined the way it was. Since it's digital-only, it has to play in a way that doesn't get bogged down in mechanics.

I don't know how Infinity Wars plays, though, so I don't know if it has the same problems or not. Personally, I want to see how Hex plays, but it's still in closed beta.

Tried out infinity wars yesterday, its pretty fun! Decently extensive campaign and as far as I can tell completely free to play, which is rare for these kinds of card games.
Only complaint is the out of game UI is kinda buggy, but as long as issues don't pop up in fights I can deal with it :P
Also, free to play arena, which is great! At least for vs. Computer. I'm not high enough level to try vs humans uet.

Ok, so I searched and I didn't see reference to it in this thread, so let me tell you about it. The one online TGC game I've played thus far, and continue to play on a irregular basis, is Scrolls by Mojang. Its in a very-long beta and isn't fully done yet, however even with that I think it cost 20 USD to start.

I had type a medium length review, but I figured I'd skip that and let you find out on your own what you think.

We've been digging SolForge quite a bit lately. Quite interesting play, and with a little patience, you can build very good decks without resorting to spending money.