👀 How about that episode of game of thrones....jeesh! (Yes spoilers) - Page 6 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

👀 How about that episode of game of thrones....jeesh! (Yes spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopopulas View Post

You've hit the nail on the head, imo.

I saw Very interesting news on the GoT Facebook page today. There is a rumor suggested by Ser Barristan Selmy that GRR has finished the last two books but agreed to not publish them until after the HBO series wraps up.

As someone who has not watched the series but did read the books I am excited! I'm trying to temper that excitement because Gods know he has disappointed many times before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoot
I saw Very interesting news on the GoT Facebook page today. There is a rumor suggested by Ser Barristan Selmy that GRR has finished the last two books but agreed to not publish them until after the HBO series wraps up.

As someone who has not watched the series but did read the books I am excited! I'm trying to temper that excitement because Gods know he has disappointed many times before.
It would not surprise me given how long it took Martin to write the previous books in the series and with how insanely popular his series has become thanks to the HBO television adaptation. Those of us who are fans of the book series will be clamoring for the last two books upon there release if only to see where the television series deviated from the books. (Looking at you Lady Stoneheart......)

I saw the same rumor yesterday. I'm excited too, despite the endless delays. Though I am reminded of my favorite George W Bush quote: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Heh. Ya can't fool me again!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlinmc View Post
I saw the same rumor yesterday. I'm excited too, despite the endless delays. Though I am reminded of my favorite George W Bush quote: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Heh. Ya can't fool me again!"
Ha Ha! Good ole W.

I've had the "I'll believe it when I see it" approach with Martin for about 15 years now.

Sorry to be a bummer but apparently not;
https://www.latimes.com/books/la-et-...513-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voord 99 View Post

Neo has the right of it, in my view. If you were surprised, good, because that was the point from a storytelling perspective. But if you were shocked, horrified and outraged, then you simply haven't been paying very close attention.