No papers, no signets, yet no problem! Touring in Ravnica - Myth-Weavers

No papers, no signets, yet no problem! Touring in Ravnica

Old Jun 7 '19, 10:01pm
PARTY HARD!

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
No papers, no signets, yet no problem! Touring in Ravnica

Guildless Tourists in Ravnica - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Apply by posting a new thread with your character information.

You will start at level 3.
Staring equipment can be exchanged for starting gold and spent however you please on normal items.
No magical items.
Do not select a guild.

Application process open from 3 to 7 days, depending how quick I find three or four acceptable applications.

Game Description:

A Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition game in the Magic: The Gathering setting of Ravnica. Players will start as normal class characters with no guild affiliations.

This is... a little bare bones for premises. So what exactly would the players be? Accidental Planewalkers with no way to go back to their home world? Took a rushed Gate spell out of danger to somewhere the players have never been? Or being in Ravnica with no real power at the beginning of the game? I'm pretty sure it isn't that last one as we'd be starting at 3st level.

Do we need to know anything about Ravinica/MTG to play?

I'm gonna echo the sentiments above. I'm intrigued by the idea of Ravnica game, but this ad has..next to no information on it, at all. Expectations, timeline compared to MtG canon... General idea of the opening plot? Character generation guidelines?

You need a plot hook, a premise of interesting stuff going down, guidelines, info about the world.
An ad needs more.

It is my understanding that the world will be as defined in the Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica.

I don't have it yet. I may or may not apply once I got it, but that's won't happen before Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight910 View Post
This is... a little bare bones for premises. So what exactly would the players be? Accidental Planewalkers with no way to go back to their home world? Took a rushed Gate spell out of danger to somewhere the players have never been? Or being in Ravnica with no real power at the beginning of the game? I'm pretty sure it isn't that last one as we'd be starting at 3st level.
Player characters will wake up in a nondescript alley of Ravnica and will have no idea why or how they arrived in Ravnica due to empty/erased memories of immediate events that transpired before arriving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylia Quilor View Post
Do we need to know anything about Ravinica/MTG to play?
Not necessary, but it would help. This article is a good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygian View Post
I'm gonna echo the sentiments above. I'm intrigued by the idea of Ravnica game, but this ad has..next to no information on it, at all. Expectations, timeline compared to MtG canon... General idea of the opening plot? Character generation guidelines?
The game will take place after the Jace Beleren becomes the new Living Guildpact, but before any of the events of the War of the Spark. Player characters will arrive to Ravnica with no guild affiliations and try to find their place in this new world. Quests will start simple and build renown/trust with the guilds.

Addendum: For stat generation you can roll as per player handbook or use the standard array if you don't like the results.

Hmmm.... sure, I'll bite! I have a character from an old Curse of Strahd campaign that was the servant of a Solar, summoned forth to strike against evil in times of need across all worlds. She... failed, badly, in that last one and now her penance must be done on another plane of existence, to start over from scratch until she is seen as worth once more.