Notices

Send more adventurers...

Old Mar 24 '19, 8:53pm
Black Belt

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send more adventurers...

Undermountain:Dungeon of the Mad Mage - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

We need more players for our Undermountain adventure. It is 5th edition dungeons and dragons and you make a 5th level character, you can use a 20 point buy, standard, or roll 4d6 drop the lowest. You have starting equipment for your class, 1d4 x 100 gold, and one uncommon magic item of your choice. You will be on the first floor of the dungeon. Core Rulebook, Xanathar's guide to Everything, and Sword Coast adventurer's guide are acceptable books for character creation. Any homebrew or third party ideas must be discussed with me prior to being used in the game. If you are looking for an ongoing old school dungeon crawl. Make yourselves known, receive gold and glory. It is yours if you are brave enough to seek it.

Game Description:

Undermountain: Dungeon of the Mad Mage

In the city of Waterdeep rests a tavern called The Yawning Portal, named after a gaping pit in its common room. At the bottom of this crumbling shaft is a labyrinthine dungeon shunned by all but the most daring adventurers. Known as Undermountain, this dungeon is the domain of the mad wizard Halaster Blackcloak. Long has the Mad Mage dwelt in its forlorn depths, seeding his layer with monsters, traps, and mysteries. To what end? That question is a constant source of speculation and concern.

This adventure takes players from 5th all the way to 20th level should they explore the entirety of Halaster's home. Twenty-three levels of Undermountain are yours to plunder.

Character creation is simple. We are doing a standard array (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8) for ability scores and may use the following books and supplements for character creation:
-The Player's Handbooks
-Volo's Guide to Monsters
-Elemental Evil Player's Companion
-Xanathar's Guide to Everything
-The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
-The Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron (yes, you can play a warforged)

Your character must be level 5 and can take the human variant features if one plays a human. You may pick one uncommon item and have 500 + 1d10 x 25 gp, and normal starting equipment as well. I would also like a 3-5 paragraph description/backstory of your character along with the sheet. Submit those in the character sheets thread in the Undermountain game forum.

I will accept five players. Good luck, and enjoy the delve into Undermountain!!!

Since this is re-recruitment, I'm guessing the bottom section is copied from the original ad for this game, and the top crunch is more relevant?

I'm hoping that the 20-Point Buy is just an oversight. Even the Standard Array sums up to a 27-Point Buy.

Unless the intention is to encourage the use of the Standard Array over the Point Buy, in which case the 20 points would make sense.

Interested. I could play almost any role, what is the current party composition?

I will risk the 4d6 and see what fortune brings =D
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]

Edit: woops, it won't let me =(
how can we roll this? would the DM roll?
Given that going down the Undermountain is a clear act of insanity, my PC will be unable to be sane/serious. Maybe the PC is overly optimistic because of a curse of something prone to goofs like this
No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beschoren View Post
Interested. I could play almost any role, what is the current party composition?

I will risk the 4d6 and see what fortune brings =D
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]
[roll]4d6v1[/roll]

Edit: woops, it won't let me =(
how can we roll this? would the DM roll?
Given that going down the Undermountain is a clear act of insanity, my PC will be unable to be sane/serious. Maybe the PC is overly optimistic because of a curse of something prone to goofs like this
You’ll need to click-over to the game forum and roll there.
No dice rolling in the ad forum thanks

Are there still spaces, or time to make a submission?