Pathfinder Kingdom-Building Rules - Page 10 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Pathfinder Kingdom-Building Rules

It's an interesting idea. You wouldn't need to equip them if they got NPC WBL, though. But 50% tax seems kinda high.

Yeah...maybe just 2 SP for every GP, after the first 10 GP? So that's 2 GP a month from an untrained commoner, and 6.4 GP a month from a trained one you've invested 250 GP in?

"Excuse me, I'd like to be your leader. I'll invest 250 GP for your training and equipment, and me and my friends will be on call to treat complications such as injuries, disease, or invading monsters or bandits. In exchange however I'd like 2 silvers for every gold piece you make, excluding the first 10 gold you make a month."

Does that qualify for fair and generous?

I'm not sure. Taxation is handled through a separate subsystem of the kingdom rules and doesn't give a "percentage of income" level.

The game forum is up but still drafty. In particular some links may point back at Letter of Marque; let me know if you find one. Please let's take further discussion over there.

I'm not ready for the game ad yet, particularly since the cost of spellcasting classes is up in the air after KQ's observation about relative power of 9th level casting classes. I'd like some further review of the house rules, which are a little different from Letter of Marque. And we should wait until I've posted some lore about the game world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
Yeah...maybe just 2 SP for every GP, after the first 10 GP? So that's 2 GP a month from an untrained commoner, and 6.4 GP a month from a trained one you've invested 250 GP in?

"Excuse me, I'd like to be your leader. I'll invest 250 GP for your training and equipment, and me and my friends will be on call to treat complications such as injuries, disease, or invading monsters or bandits. In exchange however I'd like 2 silvers for every gold piece you make, excluding the first 10 gold you make a month."

Does that qualify for fair and generous?
I think the point of followers are that they're more than just employees. Like, if you pay for their training and equipment, and then they do jobs for you, they're basically your employees - I got my training and equipment for free at most of my jobs where I had equipment, at least the first training.

Followers, though, are specifically people that are quite loyal to you above and beyond employee-employer.

So as long as you can provide for their cost of living, you could probably extract a larger portion of their income from them, maybe even closer to the 50% mark.

How long should I leave this thread open? It was for seeing if there was interest, and initial discussion of the setup and ruless, but (a) clearly there is interest and (b) we have the forum now but (c) until the game ad goes up, this thread is more visible than the nearly-invisible game forum.

Umm...well, the general rule is to leave the thread open until you've opened a game ad. Otherwise I'd say wait until there's been at least six applications or so...or maybe 11 given the minimum number of required roles in the kingdom.

According to my daughter, some of the roles can be filled with NPCs, or cohorts, maybe even followers. But I'll certainly leave this open until the ad goes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalamb View Post
According to my daughter, some of the roles can be filled with NPCs, or cohorts, maybe even followers.
True, so you don't need 11 players

I think I'll aim for 5-6 players, which is a slightly large but still manageable adventuring party. Not everybody would want a cohort, but we might be able to reduce the number of NPC roles down to maybe 4.

The rules are near-stable now, though Lore is still evolving, so I'd like a few people to flesh out characters under the revised creation rules before opening a game ad. Start with the prototype game ad and let me know if you find any problems or have any suggestions. In the case of near-ties I think it's fair to give preference to early apps.

The main thing I'm waiting for in posting a game ad is for a couple of people to verify they can make something reasonably close to their character conception using the house rules. So far a couple of people have started; it would be nice if another few people did so, too.