Brogar Gritsk - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Brogar Gritsk

Final question, does the extra shot from a repeating crossbow stack with the rapid shot feat, for a super sweet 3 round burst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
Final question, does the extra shot from a repeating crossbow stack with the rapid shot feat, for a super sweet 3 round burst?
No, but you don't need Rapid Shot to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay View Post
No, but you don't need Rapid Shot to do it.
How would you feel about trading the Rapid Shot and Multishot feats from the Ranger into Repeating Crossbow proficiency and Crossbow Sniper, respectively, later in the game, when he gets the mini-legacy. I don't know why but I just see the soldier concept as more of a crossbow user.

Quote:
How would you feel about trading the Rapid Shot and Multishot feats from the Ranger into Repeating Crossbow proficiency and Crossbow Sniper, respectively, later in the game, when he gets the mini-legacy. I don't know why but I just see the soldier concept as more of a crossbow user.
Hm... I think that's probably fine. Dex/2 to damage means you'll most likely be getting about +2 damage per shot, and with the repeating crossbow, you could get 3 shots in. I don't see how that could possibly be broken compared to existing ranger options, so I think it's fine. Approved.

And I want to have another think about the repeating crossbow, because if the penalties from the crossbow and Rapid Shot stack, it probably won't be an issue to let you use both together. You'd be taking a -4 penalty on all shots to get 3 shots a round (or 4 shots at BAB +6). So, double the penalty of a Rapid Shot archer for 50% (or 33%) more shots. I'm not sure I can really predict that math, so I won't even bother. Maybe I'll let you try it out and see how it goes.

This E6 level gameplay adds a whole new level of thought to how you want to use your turn. @ 15-20 BAB things like TWF, Power Attack, and Multi-shot are no big deal, but when you have to sacrifice 2/3 of your max BAB to make the extra attacks you really stop to think about whether they are worth it.

P.S. This is a good thing in my opinion

I still need one more language for Brogar, I would think his military training would include the languages of their common enemies. Do the eastern barbarians have a specific language that they favor? Or would something like Sylvan make more sense due to its influence on Eldannish?

Quote:
I still need one more language for Brogar, I would think his military training would include the languages of their common enemies. Do the eastern barbarians have a specific language that they favor? Or would something like Sylvan make more sense due to its influence on Eldannish?
Oh, I totally forgot to respond to this too.

The barbarians speak a variety of different languages. There are orcs and goblinoids among them, so those languages are spoken among them. They're often ruled by draconic warlords, and dragon blood is common among them, so Draconic is also a common language. There are some human languages spoken in the region too (some of them related to the Wennish languages), but I haven't taken the time to actually work that out yet.