Whispering Way of the Wicked

Old Apr 16 '18, 12:50am
Generic Brand Cola

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Whispering Way of the Wicked

Whispering Way of the Wicked - Forum
Pathfinder

WELCOME TO BRANDERSCAR PRISON
What this isWhispering Way of the Wicked is one half of an AP exchange between myself and Diofant. WWofW is a modified version of the original Way of the Wicked by Fire Mountain Games which focuses on undeath, the Whispering Way and Urgathoa rather than diabolism and Asmodeus. If you are familiar with Way of the Wicked, many things will remain the same but many things may also be changed.

For more information, see the Whispering Way of the Wicked Player's Guide
What we wantWe are looking for one, and only one, additional character to go on a wicked adventure of corruption and conquest with Eleazar E. Maldrakkar, a budding necromancer of storied heritage and considerable promise. Characters are expected to be unabashedly evil but willing and capable to work as a team.
What to makeCharacters will be level 1 gestalt characters with a variety of small buffs to make a party of two players viable. These tweaks include access to character modification through the Race Builder. Players will be allowed to choose from all Paizo official content as well a wide variety of 3rd party materials.

For full rules, see the Character Creation Rules and Discussion thread.
Posting ExpectationsGiven the small nature of the character roster and the active nature of Diofant and myself, we would like a fairly brisk posting rate. Preferably, we would like players who can post at least once per week day and once per weekend. Real life happens and it inevitably affects posting rate, if that happens, please alert me.
What's the next step?If you're still here and still interested, please get into the Application threadgroup and submit a character!

This ad will be open until Sunday, April 22nd at 11:59 PM PST after which time it will be closed to new applicants and unfinished characters will be given 1-3 days before a final selection is made.

WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY

Game Description:

TeaserThe island kingdom of Talingarde stands as a beacon of righteousness to the world at large. Rescued from the brink of ruin by the noble House of Darius, Talingarde has carved a place of honor for itself on the world stage by dealing with its enemies mercifully and its allies faithfully. The nobility and spirit of Talingarde and her people are unquestionable. But such ubiquitous virtue has a price and it is a price that you are being made to pay.

You didn't fit in with the perfect peaceful society. Maybe you started out with the best of intentions. Maybe you were raised wrong. Maybe you just found you don't mind hurting people for personal gain. Whatever the reason, you did something that "merciful" Talingarde could not forgive. There are many crimes in Talingarde that send one to Branderscar Prison and you are guilty of at least one of them. Worse, you were caught.

Branderscar Prison has a reputation; it is only for the irredeemable. That would be you. At some point before your sentencing, a Paladin looked at your soul and pronounced you Evil. As everyone knows. Evil have one place in Talingarde: a shallow grave. In three days, that's where your headed. Since you've arrived at Branderscar Prison, you've been beaten, branded, stripped and chained to another unfortunate soul. Now you're left to rot in the darkest dungeon that the world's brightest land has, waiting upon you the execution of your sentence.

All hope seems lost but hope is for the righteous and you are anything but. Instead, the wicked have schemes and, as chance would have it, one of them involves you. The opportunity for escape approaches and, more tantalizingly, revenge.

It is time to take back your future and take Talingarde's away.

Last edited by Roboti Chocolati; Apr 16 '18 at 5:46pm..
You as for evil: but would a neutral / budding-evil slave/underling work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipster View Post
You as for evil: but would a neutral / budding-evil slave/underling work?
My definition of evil is pretty loose. In my opinion, the minimum requirement for being evil is to habitually disregard the well-being/feelings/desires of other sentient creatures. You don't have to be a monster but you do have to be of evil alignment.

I've been waiting for another Way of the Wicked campaign after the last one I was in fizzled out. I think I have a witch around here somewhere...or maybe it was lost with the PbP site I used it on.

I was only half interested in this until I saw the Chargen allowed the Spheres of Power/Might!! Holy smokes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdimarian View Post
I was only half interested in this until I saw the Chargen allowed the Spheres of Power/Might!! Holy smokes!
Maybe I should have put that more prominently in the game description then! Well, I'll keep that in mind for next time. Glad you're interested!

To anyone else interested, you have today, tomorrow and sunday to put your foot in the door! Choices will be made shortly thereafter.

Man, my first time looking for a game in months (school is 2 weeks away from being over for good), and the game that looks perfect is already closed up :/
I was going to go fighter (packmule) and some archtype of rouge for gestalt and be the very hansey man that strips you of luterally everything.
And carries it all.
ALL of it.
Literally hundreds of pounds of scrap, and sell it for all its worth.

Would probably be an underling mentality cuz of low int/wis, high STR/DEX, decent Cha/Con. Would be very willing to work with someone and hold onto all their expensive/heavy things if they could guarantee me that they could get me more expensive things from our co-operation.

Let me know if it still open, would love to make a character for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiace50 View Post
Man, my first time looking for a game in months (school is 2 weeks away from being over for good), and the game that looks perfect is already closed up :/
I was going to go fighter (packmule) and some archtype of rouge for gestalt and be the very hansey man that strips you of luterally everything.
And carries it all.
ALL of it.
Literally hundreds of pounds of scrap, and sell it for all its worth.

Would probably be an underling mentality cuz of low int/wis, high STR/DEX, decent Cha/Con. Would be very willing to work with someone and hold onto all their expensive/heavy things if they could guarantee me that they could get me more expensive things from our co-operation.

Let me know if it still open, would love to make a character for this
I'm really sorry, you just missed the window for new applications. If a spot opens up and we decide to go back to ad, I'll be sure to let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboti Chocolati View Post
I'm really sorry, you just missed the window for new applications. If a spot opens up and we decide to go back to ad, I'll be sure to let you know.
Sweet, thanks man!