Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Get off my farm!

No Trespassing - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Character Application:

1. Create a new thread titles "Character Name - Race"
2. Choose any race.
3. You will start as a level 1 commoner.

Commoner
Medium humanoid (any race), any alignment
Armor Class: 10
Hit Points: 8
Speed: 30 ft.

STR: 10 (+0)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 10 (+0)
CHA: 10 (+0)

Senses; passive Perception 10
Languages: Common, Any One Language

Club: Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 2 (1d4) bludgeoning damage.

4. Adjust commoner character sheet with racial features and bonuses.

Game Description:

You are a humble farmer on the outskirts of a city that is known to be a popular hub for trade and commerce. Your farm has been in your family's name for generations, and you've most trouble you've had to deal with are the occasional wild beasts, bandits, and bad weather. But, recently, there have been some "entitled" individuals that have been running amok on yours and neighboring properties. It's time to make a stand!

Well now, this is an interesting little concept eh? So can I have a club that I carved to look a particular way but is still a club and has no different stats to a normal club?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatter View Post
How much of a character history are you looking for? Like would a paragraph be okay? Since we basically didn't have much of a life?
A simple paragraph is fine. Maybe a little bit of what kind of farm/mine/etc. your sustains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaday Daydream View Post
Wouldn't farmers start off with a pitchfork...?
The game provides the commoner with a club. If you really want a pitchfork, just change "club" to "pitchfork" and "bludgeoning" to "piercing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgbunpro View Post
Well now, this is an interesting little concept eh? So can I have a club that I carved to look a particular way but is still a club and has no different stats to a normal club?
Yes, that is fine.

Is there such a thing as a horse Farm? Or is that simply called a Ranch. Could I be from a Horse Ranch? If not I'll just be a pig farmer.

Can my club be shaped in such a way that it changes to a +3 Holy Avenger? -Sarcasm

What race sources are allowed all official, or is ua stuff allowed too?

Quote:
Is there such a thing as a horse Farm? Or is that simply called a Ranch. Could I be from a Horse Ranch? If not I'll just be a pig farmer.

Can my club be shaped in such a way that it changes to a +3 Holy Avenger? -Sarcasm
It would be an interesting character trait for your commoner to dream of being an adventurer, so you could have a "crude wooden Holy Avenger," if you want to.

Quote:
Do we have a proficiency bonus?
Proficiency Bonus+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domyr View Post
What race sources are allowed all official, or is ua stuff allowed too?
Use whatever you want available in 5E.

Sweet. I'm totally putting that down as my club. It's totally a wooden sword that I burned a symbol of Pelor in!

Quote:
Sweet. I'm totally putting that down as my club. It's totally a wooden sword that I burned a symbol of Pelor in!
Sweet, what about a staff of defense in shield form?

My question is, must I be exclusively a farmer or farm-hand? Is it possible for my family to own plot of land on the outskirts of town that has a guest house apart from a small field (large enough to sustain us and the guests) and a stable that I work in as a barmaid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyph View Post
My question is, must I be exclusively a farmer or farm-hand? Is it possible for my family to own plot of land on the outskirts of town that has a guest house apart from a small field (large enough to sustain us and the guests) and a stable that I work in as a barmaid?
A few players have toyed with the idea of being one family/partners/etc. on a single farm. I have opened the OOC thread, so you can take this character idea and promote it to another player. Maybe work on their farm.