What have you been listening to lately? - Page 6 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

What have you been listening to lately?

LOVING the new Clipping project, Splendor&Misery. It's a concept album about "the sole survivor of a slave uprising on an interstellar cargo ship, and the onboard computer that falls in love with him". The narrative is awesome, Daveed Diggs is incredible on vocals, and Clipping's trademark noisy production sounds better than ever. Even if you're not into noise/experimental hip-hop/industrial, this is worth a listen. Besides, it's only 30 minutes long.

The below song is the exact reason I don't turn the radio on very much. This song is amazing, and now I have to go out and find everything from the artist. This always happens when I turn on Octane.

Warning: This song is amazing and you may find yourself wanting to know more about the artist.

Ghost - Square Hammer

Yeah, I just got into Ghost this weekend - a friend posted Square Hammer on facebook, and I've been obsessing ever since. I love the theatricality, I love the blatant Satan worship, I love the music. It's all great.

Clutch.
Mega Drive and Lazerhawk.
John Clarke.
Sidney Bechet.
The Heavy.
Seasick Steve.
Mystery Skulls.

And a bunch of other stuff most people will have heard of like Queen, Gorillaz, ACDC, Crystal Method, Jim Croche,

The new KKB record has gone a long way towards cheering me up. Sometimes you just need some damn happy music.

So I'm watching Monday Night Football, and they just went to commercial. And as they do, they show a highlight of Dalton's last pick..with Square Hammer playing. Ghost just got national airplay during an NFL game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow71 View Post
So I'm watching Monday Night Football, and they just went to commercial. And as they do, they show a highlight of Dalton's last pick..with Square Hammer playing. Ghost just got national airplay during an NFL game.
Nice! Hail Satan!