Whence now, Democrats? - Page 5 - Myth-Weavers

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Whence now, Democrats?

Where do you expect this discussion to lead, Solo?

You can violate one forum rule, you can violate a different forum rule, you can keep such claims to yourself, or you can soften them sufficiently as to no longer qualify as a claim-of-fact. Those are your options as I see them (and even that 4th can land you on shaky ground at times depending on execution).

I choose a different option, and ask for the forum rules to be changed – especially given how at least one moderator has re-evaluated his position on the 2nd Amendment due to recent events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
I choose a different option, and ask for the forum rules to be changed especially given how at least one moderator has re-evaluated his position on the 2nd Amendment due to recent events.
Atta' boy, Frank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedronai View Post
Yeah, I got that. I don't see how it's relevant to the point, though.
This forum requires contributors to provide evidence for their claims on request if not before.
If your answer to a "source" request is, "I can't", I don't see that the rules of this forum make exception for the qualification "because the rules of this forum prevent me from doing so".

Or we can just resort to arguments of:
nuh-uh!
uh-huh!
ad nauseum
He's following the rules; it's fine. We have a large enough can of worms to deal with right now as it is, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post
The fault is mine: I described it poorly.

Here's the platform. They touch on it. It is flawed for reasons I cannot get into, unless I were to get specific permission to do so.

I treat it as a red flag, personally.
OK, that's the section I saw as well. I disagree with it in some significant ways but wouldn't have described it anything like you did, so I thought maybe you'd seen something else. But I think we're pretty much on the same page or at least the same chapter, so we can safely leave that can of worms closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leons1701 View Post
OK, that's the section I saw as well. I disagree with it in some significant ways but wouldn't have described it anything like you did, so I thought maybe you'd seen something else. But I think we're pretty much on the same page or at least the same chapter, so we can safely leave that can of worms closed.
To reference a video by Stephan Crowder I linked in another thread, it doesn't take much to come off as disingenuous about "common sense".

Seeing how there is nothing about balancing the budget anywhere in there (but they are backing things which studies and examples have proven disingenuous, such as the Wage Gap (it's an earnings gap), as well as protection of free speech (which is only protected if it falls in line with their ideology)), I can't even take it seriously. It's stating that we should gut the military budget, and instead of worrying about our national debt, turn around and spend it on social programs. Their entire platform is more of a bad joke than anything else, and still not much better than the current platform pushed by the party elites. It's like asking if you want to get shot in the leg with an arrow or a crossbow; both options are absolutely terrible.