The 2018 Memorial Thread - Page 15 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

The 2018 Memorial Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasseram View Post
Sad indeed, though 95 is quite respectable.. I wonder how they will do his cameos in Marvel films in the future.
If I remember correctly, the cameos for a lot of the future movies have already been filmed

Avengers 4 cameo at least has been filmed, I haven't seen any confirmation of other cameos, though I do recall something being said either earlier this year or last year about them having filmed multiple cameos for future use. Not sure if that was an actual statement or some fans wishful thinking though.

For all that he is/was the face of Marvel Comics, he really hasn't been that relevant to the creative process for some time now. But in his day, he earned every bit of that status. Greatest comic editor of all time, and one of the greatest writers of his era.
Saw some dudes on Twitter feeling the need to dig up the whole "He stole everything from Kirby" story which, wow, really not the time for that. Also, mostly incorrect anyhow. Sure, he sometimes claimed more credit than he was really due, but he was due a heck of a lot. He'll be missed.

A true legend of the comics business and massively inspirational. Whatever cameos left will be tinged with sadness.

Rest in Peace.

Playing the "Farrah Fawcett" here (a celebrity whose otherwise noteworthy death is overshadowed by an even bigger one, as Fawcett was with Michael Johnson[1]) is Douglas Rain, best known as the voice of HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey who has died aged 90.

[1]Not a new concept - C.S. Lewis died on the same day as JFK.

I think Rain actually died a day or so before, though it was not reported here. I'd seen a good bit of mention of it before Stan overshadowed pretty much everything.

Roy Clark, a guitar master, best known for Hee-Haw, passed.

William Goldman, screenwriter responsible for both "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and "All the Presidents Men". Also a novelist who wrote (Or translated, to be exact) a book a few of us might have heard of. Well, really it's INCONCEIVABLE that you all haven't.

The book of The Princess Bride is even better than the film.

Rest in Peace.