Pathfinder 2nd Edition is coming to Playtest! - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Pathfinder 2nd Edition is coming to Playtest!

Pathfinder 2nd Edition is coming to Playtest!

Okay maybe the last one to notice this but I didn't see another discussion thread on it here so...

http://paizo.com/pathfinderplaytest

Of all the things I read I have to say Im just not sure about Goblin player characters. Maybe its just me but I love Goblins as those mischevious, utterly evil, and hilariously dangerous creatures that you'll remember for all of your days not because they murdered your group but because of how they murdered your group. I just dont feel they should be player characters

I would also like to see more classes then just alchemist make it into core. I felt like oracle, cavalier, and summoner all should have been added to the core as well since they offer unique things you cant really do with other classes.

Im curious where the improvements will be though. Having recently found out about feat tax Im very much in the favor of those rules

What's most interesting to me is to observe the proposed changes and the playerbase backlash to them. From what I know, Paizo's forums are a fairly vocal bunch.

Also, I heard they're selling hardcover playtest books? Is that real?

Goblin PCs except in the occasional goblin themed adventure struck me as a bit odd as well. They specifically said they were not making any major changes to Golarion though so I think goblin PCs will still be rare. I suspect they included it in the Core manly because paizo largely made the Goblin their own and adopted it as a sort of mascot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actana View Post
What's most interesting to me is to observe the proposed changes and the playerbase backlash to them. From what I know, Paizo's forums are a fairly vocal bunch.

Also, I heard they're selling hardcover playtest books? Is that real?
Apparently it is, and deluxe edition as well which seems crazy to me for a playtest but some fans have more money than brains I suppose.

I'm pleasantly surprised that from what I've seen the reactions on Paizo boards seem mostly positive so far.

Wonder how long that positive attitude will last, until something Super Crucial And Essential To Pathfinder™ will be changed.

From my buddies around and the forum, people are actually pretty excited about a second edition.

Playtest will be free, you can order the books if you want the physical version of it but the playtest will be available for download...so heh.

Of course they're excited about the new edition, because any actual changes haven't been made yet. So everyone is projecting their own hopes and dreams onto the edition, hoping that it fits their idea of PF 2e. That will, of course, not be the case.

Right now it's all hype. Once we have concrete details about how the mechanics work we'll start seeing the backlash. And I have no doubts that there will be backlash. PF is too large with too many fans with too many ideas of what "PF is meant to be" to not have a backlash.

Still, selling physical products that are literally branded as incomplete? I can't respect that. Not one bit. I could understand selling PDFs that come bundled with the final version when it's released, but physical books have no such option, let alone offering "deluxe editions". It's milking fans in the worst possible way, because no doubt there are plans to sell deluxe editions of the final product as well, aimed at those exact same people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actana View Post
Still, selling physical products that are literally branded as incomplete? I can't respect that. Not one bit. I could understand selling PDFs that come bundled with the final version when it's released, but physical books have no such option, let alone offering "deluxe editions". It's milking fans in the worst possible way, because no doubt there are plans to sell deluxe editions of the final product as well, aimed at those exact same people.
Agreed. This is a clear money-grab.