Pokémon - Page 12 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that don’t clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Pokémon

I've been on "Catch X Ghosts" for months.

I mean, not being able to go for a respectable walk for the past two months probably didn't help, but that's beside the point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veradux View Post
I've been on "Catch X Ghosts" for months.

I mean, not being able to go for a respectable walk for the past two months probably didn't help, but that's beside the point!
So you missed the entire Halloween event? They even had Spiritomb as a research quest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
Is Mewtwo still consider the most powerful Pokémon for all seven generations?
Are you talking in-game or in-universe? The answer is no to both, but when the answer became no changes depending on which.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veradux View Post
Are you talking in-game or in-universe? The answer is no to both, but when the answer became no changes depending on which.
I'm actually talking about the in-game. But now that you told me, I'm surprised about it.

I got Let's Go Eevee and the Pokeball Plusfinally. The game released on the 16th. I actually preordered it in early June but I didn't get it until the 20th. It's fun so far, and different from the other games with the catching mechanic. I have to say I really like laying in bed, playing Pokemon on my TV just using a Pokeball as a controller.

I did get to try the Pokeball Plus with Pokemon Go yesterday, where it works like a Go Plus. Also, taking a Pokemon for a walk in the ball gives some serious XP. Eevee went from level 14 before my first walk to level 21 and I only walked maybe four kilometers. So I'm going to try sticking in a Magikarp and see if I can keep the ball in my pocket at work.

It will take a while before I get to the Go Park, having just done the second gym at Cerulean City, so I haven't transferred anything from Pokemon Go yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
I'm actually talking about the in-game. But now that you told me, I'm surprised about it.
In terms of stats and overall power, Mega Mewtwo is tied with Mega Rayquaza, with both rocking 780 total stat points

The only thing pushing Mega Rayquaza above Mega Mewtwo is the fact that to Mega Evolve Mega Ray doesn't need a stone to mega evolve and it just needs to know Dragon Ascent. That means it can hold another item while in a Mega Form (most often this is a Life Orb)

With that power Mega Ray literally blasts through Mega Mewtwo both X Version because X is weak to flying and Y version because Y has low physical defense. It has so much power that it's been banned from Smogon minus the Anything Goes tier

There are some moves and combos that can counter Mega Ray (A cloyster with Skill Link Icicle Crash can do wonders) but more often then not Mega Ray beats all

Played some Lets Go Eevee, just finished Viridian Forest.
Is it not weird that the highest lv pokemon I have faced is Lv3 Metapod?
The trainers have one or two Lv3 pokemon, while I have a team of level 10 pokemon from just catching a few nidorans near pokemon league.
Because wild pokemon no longer fight, there is little chance of running out of HP or having to dash back to the pokemon centre.

I guess I will see how Brock is soon. It used to be that you had to do some reasonable training to get past his onyx, espcially if you started with Charmander or Pikachu!

Got Meltan this past Friday for Pokemon Go. Which is good, because the weather is going to get worse where I am and walking will be more hazardous.