NaNoWrimo 2018 - Page 6 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Creative Corner

Post your creative works here and show off your talent!

NaNoWrimo 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight View Post
This is all good advice—for a problem I don't have.

My problem is that I have a list of ten what if's and I can only start writing one of them on November 1st. I can't figure out which one to pick. I was hoping someone could share how they narrowed down their list of what if's into one this is what I'm writing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphinous View Post
Seriously, though, that's a matter of settling down and picking something that makes you excited and happy to write. Make a decision. MAKE A DECISION.
I second that. DECIDE. Safe never starts.

Who says you can't do more than one 'what if' idea?

Who says you have to stop writing at the end of November? You have 10 ideas? Well, there's 12 months in a year...

One year I did Nano I was 30k in and nearly halfway through the month when I switched projects because the first one needed more thought before I tackled it. Now, I'm too honest so then I had to do 50k on the second book (so wrote about 100k in all by the end of it) but no one says you have to stick to my rules.

How do you pick? Which one lights your brain on fire more than any of the others? (And don't say all of them, one or two will get your adrenaline pumping more.) Which one has the coolest characters? The best plot line? The most inspiring setting? Which one has the most candybar scenes? (These are the ones you're really keen to write, like kissing in the rain, or a kickass fight scene, or a wild chase scene through a forest at night with ghostly vampire dragon hounds on your tail.) You pick the story that does all these things more than any other.

There's a specific badge for not following the rules. I'm a NaNo Rebel just about every year.

I'm working a convention this weekend, so I expect all of you to catch up with me by Sunday night.

*stern look*

This will be my first attempt at NaNoWriMo. I've been saying I'll do it for years - this year I'm knuckling down and going for it.

My username for NaNoWriMo is the same as here on the Weave: Lonewalker.

Whew! 10% through the month! Congrats to everyone working to put words to pages!

Even if you haven't started yet you can finish the 50k by writing 1852 words a day!

A lot more of us have started than last year by this time, so well done everyone!

I finally got over the minor plot pitfall I've been staring at for most of the day, so the words are finally flowing for me. Thanks to @Madadh for that support. This might also be a shameless plug to get him to show up on this board.