MW Dice Feature Question - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Site Discussion

Do you have questions, suggestions, feedback, bug reports or other concerns? Post them here!

MW Dice Feature Question

MW Dice Feature Question

My Browser Information: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 8.0.0; SM-G930W8) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.136 Mobile Safari/537.36

Relevant Links: None - but @Colin told me to inquire to @Rodrigo

Okay so I have been tracking what popular / common Virtual Table tops provide in terms of functionality, and one of the features that would more directly apply to MW is GM or hidden rolls. The intent of these are to allow the player (who generally know more about thier own character) to apply the correct modifiers that need to be applied for any given roll *but* then not see the final result of the roll and the final result only being shown to the GM / readers.

As far as I can tell there is no way to make a private tag in your own post that you yourself cannot see, would something along these lines be a feature that could theoretically be seen down the pipeline?

Since only the GM can act on the result, might as well have the GM make the roll, in a private (to himself) tag if he wishes. I don't object to what you're proposing, I just don't see what the need is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPhoenix View Post
Since only the GM can act on the result, might as well have the GM make the roll, in a private (to himself) tag if he wishes. I don't object to what you're proposing, I just don't see what the need is.
Some people have karmic reasoning - others as I mentioned would be so a player accounts thier rolls modifers ect themselves.

I can see some use for this, particularly if there's not an integrated character sheet where a play can have predefined their bonuses and statuses. The back-end changes to support it would probably mean separating dice rolls from posts in some way, which puts a change like this after some other major prerequisites.

Just out of pure curiosity there isn’t a way to create a private text that even the original user could not see but the DM could?