What's that Videogame? - Page 14 - Myth-Weavers

Non Sequitur

A place for light-hearted forum games and other threads that don't promote discussion.

What's that Videogame?

Nope, not Etrian Odyssey. You're in the ballpark system-wise, though - give or take a console/handheld generation.

Ok, I WISH I had a screenshot of this one, but if I did it meant that I knew what the game was. And THAT is the question.
It was a PC game from the 80s-ish. RPG style with multi-character group. Dwarf, Elves, humans, I think. Their images were at the bottom of the screen and I loved it when one got poisoned because he'd turn a strange sort of green hue and his cheeks would puff out and he'd look very ill. The elf was blue to start with and it was funny when he turned green-ish.
I can see it in my head, just can't for the life of me remember the game's name.
Started out in a small city, then you ventured along a road (if you strayed from the road, you'd more likely run into trouble).
There were several towers located at further away locations, I remember one being in the midst of a desert.
And... that's all I can recall.
Ring a bell for anyone, if so, can you find the game and a screenshot to confirm? Thanks so much as it's embarrassing how much I want to play that game again.

Dangit, if it was any other night I would have nailed Swords & Serpents. Fun times with that one!

This, however, is the Dark Spire.

Mordae got it; The Dark Spire for the Nintendo DS, one of the best Wizardry clones I've had the fortune to play.

Oooooh, Dark Spire. Heard of that.

Edit: Just to keep the game moving along, I'll post a quick one that I really think more people should check out, if they were ever into Working Designs games and the like.

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

Was just playing that yesterday.

OK, my turn. Sorry, Thursday nights are not great for posting, but hopefully the delay is worth it!
Attached Images
File Type: png Bloody.png (280.4 KB, 0 views)

Golden Axe?

No clue as to the above game but to backtrack a bit to this . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalynCorr View Post
Ok, I WISH I had a screenshot of this one, but if I did it meant that I knew what the game was. And THAT is the question.
It was a PC game from the 80s-ish. RPG style with multi-character group. Dwarf, Elves, humans, I think. Their images were at the bottom of the screen and I loved it when one got poisoned because he'd turn a strange sort of green hue and his cheeks would puff out and he'd look very ill. The elf was blue to start with and it was funny when he turned green-ish.
I can see it in my head, just can't for the life of me remember the game's name.
Started out in a small city, then you ventured along a road (if you strayed from the road, you'd more likely run into trouble).
There were several towers located at further away locations, I remember one being in the midst of a desert.
And... that's all I can recall.
Ring a bell for anyone, if so, can you find the game and a screenshot to confirm? Thanks so much as it's embarrassing how much I want to play that game again.
Are you talking about Might and Magic III - the Isles of Terra?

It is not Golden Axe, though you have nailed the era.

The caption on the above image should read: "You send back your reply!"