Lets Rock and Role Play - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Lets Rock and Role Play

Lets Rock and Role Play

Hey everybody my name is CobraBubbles and I am what you might call a bit of a noob. However I am hoping to rectify that error and have a good time playing with you fine folks. I've read a little pathfinder and 3.5 so I'm probably gonna start there but if there's any systems you all swear by and would recommend I'm more than willing to give it a shot. Let's rock and role play folks those adventures aren't going to happen by themselves.

Welcome to the forum, normally I don't post in these introduction threads, but the title got me! I had to come and have a little snoop.

Pathfinder in my opinion in the upgraded version of 3.5 (I started on 3.5 and moved to pathfinder after years). Both can be meaty in terms of mechanics, but I think gives a player and DM/GM lots of freedom. I haven't played much 5e, but from what I see it is simpler to understand the rules.

Good luck around here, if you ever have any questions always feel free to ask around. I personally would say take a look at a few on going games to see how things work, but keep in mind games can vary a lot from group to group!

Welcome, @CobraBubbles, to Myth-Weavers!

First of all, here's a link to our New to Play by Post thread, which contains several handy links that you will likely find useful, including how our dice code works. We do things a touch differently than other sites, where we have game ads posted and prospective players apply. You'll want to swing over by our Games and Ads section to check that out! Every GM does it a little differently, so check the campaign info and forum for the exact details.

We support a very wide variety of systems here, ranging from good ol D&D (of all editions) to Pathfinder to Shadowrun to Fate to PbtA to OSR to, well, I don't think there's a system we don't support or have players for. So if you spot something outside of your norm that catches your attention - go ahead and apply for it anyways.

One of the biggest pieces of advice I can give you, when it comes to this site, is DO NOT LURK. Get active - even if you're not in a game, post in some of the forums (not this one - post count amounts to nothing here). We're a rather friendly, although often weird bunch, so don't let that scare you. But if you lurk, nobody knows who you are, which tends to be a tad bit detrimental when it comes to applying.

Also, I recommend dropping by our Discord Channel. Watch for those harpoons, though - supposedly, they're for welcoming...

If you have any questions, let us know! Don't be afraid to ask, either - we do our best to help people out.

-Yamazaki

Well thanks for all the good advice guys I will certainly keep it in mind as I come across different games that I'm interested in. The general consensus certainly seems to be to get out there, check things out, and get posting luckily I'm not shy. You got weird people? I am weird people. Harpoons in the discord channel? that's alright I love harpoons my mother was a harpoon so this'll be great. I will also be certain to check out your multiverse game @Lormador

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraBubbles View Post
Hey everybody my name is CobraBubbles.
Your name is Cobra Bubbles? Have you ever killed anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foltor View Post
Your name is Cobra Bubbles? Have you ever killed anyone?
We’re getting off subject here.