Sandy's political fallout - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Worldly Talk

Civil discussion and debate on real world events and issues.

Sandy's political fallout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wippit Guud View Post
As someone who is not the the US, I seriously need to ask: why are you (if you are) voting for Romney? I watch the news coverage, I watch the debates, and I see absolutely nothing redeeming about the man.
Because he has to answer to the Republican party, not the Democrats, and after the revolution comes I'll have the Republican congresscritters shot second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Because he has to answer to the Republican party, not the Democrats, and after the revolution comes I'll have the Republican congresscritters shot second.
That does not answer my question, save to say you're not voting for Romney, you're voting Republican. Does it matter who the candidate is, then?

Thank you for editing what you posted earlier, Wippit. It was, to my mind, unacceptable. Obviously to your mind also.

Quote:
That does not answer my question, save to say you're not voting for Romney, you're voting Republican. Does it matter who the candidate is, then?
Largely? Not really. They all talk a good game and disappoint in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Largely? Not really. They all talk a good game and disappoint in the end.
So if Obama was running against John Smith, who had been the manager of a McDonalds for 10 years, you'd still vote for him simply because he was running on the Republican card?

Quote:
So if Obama was running against John Smith, who had been the manager of a McDonalds for 10 years, you'd still vote for him simply because he was running on the Republican card?
There's practically nothing I agree with Obama on. The only way I'd vote for Obama is if the alternative was someone I agreed with even less. I dislike the Republicans, and their platform is too right and too callous even for me. Unfortunately, the Democrats are even worse - they're intent on remaking the US into a collectivist society.

You know there are a lot of nations with universal healthcare that I don't think should rightly be labelled collectivist societies. Canada, France, Germany for instance.

Honestly, John Smith from McDonalds might not be a bad choice for president. Bush grabbed a lot of power with the patriot act and legislation like it, and it might not be a bad thing to see Congress steal back a lot of that from a weak president. Not that that would solve any of the many other things wrong with the system, of course.