Back after a long hiatus - Myth-Weavers

Notices

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Back after a long hiatus

Back after a long hiatus

Hello Weavers. I was part of this community many years ago under the name Woodwyvern. But I've changed a lot since then, and have learned much more about myself, and about the games I'm interested in. Since leaving I have run and played in several campaigns of D&D, Pathfinder, Star Wars and other various TTRPGs. I have grown both as a player and a Dungeon Master. Two years ago I had to quit my career in emergency medicine and go on medical disability due to organ failure. I'm currently stable, and waiting for a transplant. Now I am a full time stay-at-home dad and I have a lot more time on my hands for RPGs. I've been running a D&D 5e campaign at my local game store, and I've been a player in a Pathfinder group on Roll 20 for about 5 years now. I'd like to try play by post gaming again as a way to get more gaming in my life, as video games and table top rpgs have helped me get through the worst of my condition. When you feel hopeless or depressed, sometimes something as simple as playing a video game or running a D&D session can help take your mid off all the bad things and focus on the positive aspects of life. While my wife and family have been tremendously generous and supportive with their time and resources, its those moments when I'm alone and feeling down, depressed or hopeless that these hobbies have been a real lifesaver, a beacon of hope and light amidst the darkness.
Sorry for all that depressing stuff, but it does feel good to share how I feel with others. Games and a lot of binge watching anime have helped me get through the worst days, and I still do those things on a pretty regular basis. I have the feeling of wanting to be productive while I wait for a transplant, but I can't work due to the disability and there's only so much cooking and cleaning I can do before I wear myself out, that I sometimes feel like I'm in limbo between not being able to work and not having enough energy to do a lot around the house. So I've started writing again, and now I'm back here. I hope to be able to focus on my roleplay skills as well as descriptive writing. I feel that this can be a productive outlet for me, and I hope to be able to contribute to whatever game or games I end up in. If you've made it this far, thank you for taking the time to read a bit about me. And if you are feeling friendly, send me a message, leave a comment here, or send me a friend request. One can never have too many friends. Well met, and happy gaming!

Welcome back! Glad to hear your health has improved and I certainly hope you get the transplant you need. Role playing fills a good niche in the lives of those of us that truly enjoy it and have a passion for it. So get out there, apply for some games and get immersed!

Thanks! I've been told by the hospital it's about a 5 to 8 year wait, but if I find a donor or go through the organ exchange program with a paired donor I could get transplanted much sooner. Either way, I still have at least a few more years before I get healthy enough to live a normal life again. I just got my Pathfinder 2nd edition playtest materials so I'm currently applying for two playtest games here. I'll keep checking the game forums to see if any other interesting games get posted there. Thanks again for the reply!

Yeah cool. I’m interested to hear some feedback on PF2

Greetings and welcome back, @Senpai DM! Sorry to hear about your health. I can only imagine what you are going through mentally. Hoping that a donor comes along very soon and you can get back underway with life. BUT, that you have come back here is a good thing.