Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
To Sharn...and Beyond!

Eberron Campaign - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

Art by Wayne Reynolds
Application Deadline: Tuesday, July 2nd, 2019

Shadows of the Last War

A Dungeons & Dragons Adventure for Characters of Levels 1-4, Beginning in The Forgotten Forge

About the Campaign
"Shadows of the Last War" and the beginning adventure, "The Forgotten Forge," were the first adventure modules for the Eberron 3.5 campaign setting. Our game will run through these two adventures converted to 5e. This game will serve as an decent introduction to the Eberron setting for new players.

For those unfamiliar with this campaign setting:
Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, pg 5Eberron embraces swashbuckling action and pulp adventure and adds a layer of neo-noir intrigue. Stories don't always end well and there isn't a perfect answer to every problem. The Last War turned old allies into bitter enemies and destroyed an entire nation, leaving terrible scars behind. Crime and corruption lurk in the great cities of Khorvaire. Hidden dragons shape the course of history. Sinister fiends influence the dreams of the unwary. Human greed and ambition may prove more dangerous than any devil or demon. But through this darkness, there are opportunities for a group of bold adventurers to make a difference...for better or for worse.

How to Apply
The Character Creation rules can be found here: Click Me!

Questions can be asked in this thread: Click Me!

Applicants may create characters using these primary sources: The Player's Handbook, Wayfinder's Guide to Eberron, Xanathar's Guide to Everything, and some material from Unearthed Arcana (Check the Character Creation rules for more info).

Anything Else?
Hi! This is my first time DMing a D&D game. I was never able to play Eberron way back when I purchased the Campaign Setting Book nearly two decades ago (and ever since), so I figured now's better than never. As such, do excuse any small hiccups that might come up.

With that out of the way, I welcome new players and weavers to join this game. Experienced players are also welcome if they haven't already played the selected modules. Of course, anyone may apply, but priority will be placed on the former two.

To combat attrition rates, I will be accepting no more than 6 players.

The minimum post rate will be slow: (1 post per week). I will set up a non-canonical IC thread if you want to play out your character more outside the main adventure. I might even use the thread to practice more open-ended DMing.

Otherwise, good luck with your applications!

Thread layout stolen inspired by Ivellon and Nathan

Game Description:

Crime in Sharn, the City of Towers, leads a band of adventurers into the city's depths and beyond in this campaign covering Keith Baker's two adventures: "The Forgotten Forge" and "Shadows of the Last War," both converted to 5e.

An Eberron adventure sounds like a good time. I'm definitely considering putting in a application.

I am not familiar with either "The Forgotten Forge" and "Shadows of the Last War" though. Is there anything important we need to know or take into account from these two adventures for creating our backgrounds?