The League of Extraordinary Adventurers! - Page 3 - Myth-Weavers

The League of Extraordinary Adventurers!

View Poll Results
Settings for LXA
Classic Fiction 6 50.00%
Modern Fiction 2 16.67%
Movies/TV 3 25.00%
Anime/Manga 1 8.33%

Yes, yes. While I am very excited for you to run this, @an cala, I have unique requirements - most of which would be 'no modern superhero antics'.

If we have capes, it'll be because capes are the guise of royalty or those like them

Alright, if that's the case then I suppose I could have Comic Books to mean "excluding DC/Marvel/Image/similar superheroes." We have comic book characters like the ones from B.P.R.D., the cast of The Walking Dead, the kids from Archie (especially reimaginings like Vamperonica) and countless other works who aren't strictly superheroes in costumes.

Also, instead of Anime/Manga, which might be too hard a sell for some, let's have PC ideas from something I completely missed the first time, mainly because I'm one of the few who barely play them: Video Games.

I'll set the PL at 8 to steer clear of godlike supers and have an ad up in a day or two.

@Conaldar, if you mean the setting of the actual adventure, it's variable since "something like the Exiles comic" involves dimension-hopping hijinks. If you mean the characters' origins, there are no limits other than those you put on the sources, you can picture 300 Leonidas, Shakespeare's Macbeth, and Jack Reacher sitting in the same bar.

The Mega-Crossover premise sounds cool, although I admit I'm a little lost on the setup: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen series had all the fictional characters involved being real people in the world, are we going with that or a 'Heroes are summoned from other dimensions' approach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocknRollFTW View Post
all the fictional characters involved being real people in the world,
Much prefer this. Cross dimensional pollination adds another level of unreality. I’d be afraid it becomes unwieldy. It’s like an uncanny valley thing, at some point it just collapses for me. It’s hard to tell where exactly. I’m okay with different characters from different sources living in the same world already. But having them pulled together, like “Hey, in my world you’re a tvshow” just goes too far.

In a previous attempt at one of these we had Carmen San Diego, Adam (Frankenstein’s Monster), Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Leonardo Da Vinci (Discovered Immortality). My character was Captain Jack Harkness, which if this gets going I’d like to use again.

Carmen Sandiego would be kind of a fun one to play! For more "heroic" settings but still "realistic" (Hollywood "realistic") also Lara Croft would be a favorite. Depends on what types of genres and stuff we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondThePale View Post
I would definitely be interested in this if the premise would be based on characters from classic literature...I wouldn't mind something like an LXG/Penny Dreadful style cross over as they already have cross over elements (the use of Dorian Grey in both for example)...The comic book and anime addition has been done on the weave before and it got a bit messy...just my two cents. Maybe a poll would be useful to properly gauge interest based on premise?
I had considered a Penny Dreadful game before so thumbs up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an cala View Post
let's have PC ideas from something I completely missed the first time, mainly because I'm one of the few who barely play them: Video Games.
The obvious one that comes to mind... and would be fun to play... is Lara Croft.

Nathan Drake from Uncharted, of course! Or, heck, Victor Sullivan from the same series