Seeking Warriors of Great Valor: For Honor

Old May 13 '19, 10:02am
Ubermensch

Mentioned: 161 Post(s)
Seeking Warriors of Great Valor: For Honor

For Honor - Forum
Warrior,Rogue & Mage

Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes

Seeking 5-7 dedicated players who can post twice daily. I will Update the game at 12:00PM PST and periodically throughout the day.

This is a game for the more martially inclined characters. If you want to be in the face of your enemy, bathing in their blood as you gain honor and glory, look no further. This is the game for you. Warrior, Rogue, and Mage.

The Free Rules Here - get all of them

You will be Cantrefi, landed freeborn, in a fantasy land loosely based on Medieval Wales. Very Loosely. Don't let the setting limit your choice, if somehow you're a samurai or a ninja - not a problem. Bear in mind, I plan on having mass engagements though - so choosing to play an assassin is a very high risk profession. The greater the risk, the greater the reward.

In a world torn by endless war, will you rise above the tide of steel and blood and rise a champion? Or die like so many pretenders?

A few expectations:
Expect to miss a lot, or even on a hit simply not damage your enemy. I wanted to capture the very real essence of why maille clad warriors ruled on the battlefield. I want to know how you recover from failure - it is what makes a hero. When a 1 is rolled its not that you're incompetent, you simply misjudged your strike, or conversely where outplayed. This needs to be a theme, because you as heroes in this game, are vastly superior to the average bandit.

Expect to fail forward. You will most likely die from exhaustion, or infection, not combat. It should be attrition that makes you fear for death - not combat. Luck is a tragic killer.

Magic is evil, period. If you are a magic user, so are you, or you're at least succumbing to darkness. This isn't a ban on magic - its a role playing limitation.

As always, my games have a 0 tolerance policy for bullying.

Deus Vult!

Game Description:

Honor, is great victory, honor is great respect. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong, and the enemy of our way. We are the Children of The Dragon, and combat is in our blood. Eight Hundred Years has our nation lasted, when Arthur of Earth came and settled our land. He turned the soil by hand, and fed it the blood of his enemies. Not one of us breathes who is not of his seed. Ours is the Land of Heroes.

An uninterrupted dynasty has carried our people to great distances, and in ages past our empire was vast. But, times change, conquest, famine, disease, our once bountiful lands withered and died. The Dragon, wounded, slept for centuries. Our cousins in the North Forgot their lineage, rejected our bloodties and alliance, and rebelled. Seceding from us they have been isolated, neither an enemy nor ally, but a rival.

The centuries withered our empire, and the Sea Kings conquered vast regions of The Isles. From the sands of time two enemies were forged. To the far south, another dragon arose, a golden wyrm, it is a distant threat, but no less a constant threat. Their cousins to our East, the Kingdom of Meers, a place of foul sorcery. Their king a tyrant and dictator.

Yet, it was only a generation ago, that their coalition came to crush our kingdom. When, we united under one banner, in Roderick's name, and fought the Meersian and Golden Dragons they brought to our land. When we were further divided by our capitulation.

Our land, divided between three brothers. Roth, the first born, a magnificent warrior. Mervyn, the second born, though they are separate by a mountain the closest ally to our people - though most would declare them our vassal. And finally the Hill people, under the Traitor Baldrick. We must unite our peoples, facing the threat of invasion from Meers this will be no simple task.

You, are the Cantrefi. The Land Owners. Law makers. Captains of our nations Industry, and closest confidants of the king. Roth has called upon you to bring order to the rebellious populace, who in the wake of Baldrick's betrayal seek to usurp the power of the throne. Funded straight from the gold minted in the royal coffers, Baldrick's influence was immediate, and severe. Brother killing brother, and blood flowed like rivers in the streets.

After six years of conflict, the rebellion has broken. All that remains now is to drive them into the sea. Baldrick has retreated to his citadel in the hills, castrated but for his remaining companions.

Yet, in this victory, an old threat reaches from the shadows. Demanding land settled by your people, under threat of war. Our enemy did not lie dormant while our civil war raged. And only by luck and vicious bloodshed were we able to pull our nation together from the ashes. Will the Dragon Rise anew? Or be crushed in the tide of time? That answer depends on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreyWulf View Post
Hmm, the concept is interesting. I'll learn the game system and see if I can piece a character together. Should be fun to learn and play a new RPG.
Its very lightweight. I'm sure you'll do just fine.

We are still looking for 3-4 more to play.

Still seeking more players. Can't really start without 5 dedicated individuals.

If you apply you are virtually guaranteed admission. So come along, save your home.

I'd apply but with everything else I'm doing- and my job- with family- no away I could post 2 times a day dedicated. I'm Very familiar with the system though. Beyond that I can usually do one a day- maybe two... but they could be lacking in some of the depth I often put into a deeper post. I'll see about putting an application in if that will work- dedicated isn't an issue I'm pretty active, but the posting rate/expectation might be hard for me.

So far we've been averaging 1/day. So again for the fourth time, 2/day is a soft rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomsviking View Post
So far we've been averaging 1/day. So again for the fourth time, 2/day is a soft rate.
....okay.... (reads 2 add pages and returns) If this was for "the fourth time" it was only mentioned 1 time in the add replies. I was mentioning what I could and would be able to contribute. - Not sure what I did to warrant a response like that. - Not sure if that was intended to come of as "snarky", but that kind of how I took it since this was in response to my first post.- I haven't gone into you game and looked around at anything before I posted interest. Just saw the add last night before I called it a night. Was that intended? Or an overall irritation with this being asked somewhere else?

Everything written is void of context and subtext. As such it is taken almost universally in the worst possible context.

That said, snark wasn't intended. But it is pretty funny to me when people prove the above.

I am not making fun of you or discouraging you.

You aren't kidding, without context or tone- it's always taken the worst way. We're cool, part of me was saying "its not meant that way." But without context, couldn't gauge the tone. The fun of internet writing. But I agree 100% what you said is fact. Then more you know someone, it doesn't happen so much.

You should feel welcome to apply as well, at this point, I need the last member and we can start in earnest. I'm willing to sacrifice quantity for quality any day of the week.