Unique - Myth-Weavers

Unique

Old Jun 29 '19, 5:13pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Unique

UNIQUE - Forum
Mutants and Masterminds 3e

You have been hired by the United Nations International Quorum of Unaligned Exceptionals (UNIQUE), a subgroup of UNISON to help people around the world from various disasters, a global defense against all the superhuman threats while respecting the sovereignty rights of each nation.

As a member of UNIQUE, you are expected to have good judgment, quick thinking and a genuine desire to help people. UNIQUE only recruit stable and steadfast people. It is a mix of military and diplomatic training/force in the world.

You are the active members and usually are the first ones to respond to crisis all around the world.

Most of UNIQUE operations tend to be large scale, humanitarian reliefs, investigation, dealing with international criminals/threats, security for UN and UNISON personnel or working to prevent crises. They are also the first line of defense against Cosmic Threats.

UNIQUE takes place in the Atlas Prime universe of Mutants and masterminds 3rd edition, the default setting of the game. You can feel free to take origins related to various places around the world.

You benefit from the following for being part of UNIQUE: (free)

Advantages: Benefit (Diplomatic Immunity), Connected, Equipment 3 (team equipment and HQ contribution)
Equipment: UNIQUE commlink (Communication, flashlight, GPS, tracking device, video recorder)

Headquarters can be found in Geneva, Switzerland or New York City.

You will build your character with the following guideline in mind:

Power Level: 12 Power Points: 180

Need a backstory, joining UNIQUE usually involves a job interview, as they make sure to enroll a good person for the job. Origins related to the setting are encouraged but not mandatory.

Materials:
I own all the Green Ronin official Mutants and Masterminds Third edition materials including the recent superhero team supplement.

Game Description:

UNIQUE is the the United Nations International Quorum of Unaligned Exceptionals. Heroes assembled from all around the world to protect the world.

dang. you actually made that acronym not feel forced. nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Text View Post
dang. you actually made that acronym not feel forced. nice.
Not going to take credit for this, it's a team introduced in one of the latest supplement of Mutants and Masterminds, the Superhero team book.

I find it perfect for an international Superhero team with some responsibilities and of course the best part, being a worldwide team, allows to travel everywhere with many set pieces.

An M&M 3E game set in Earth-Prime is one of those things I've always wanted but never got the chance to do, so I'm absolutely interested in this. Would it be alright if I use one of the characters in the UNIQUE write-up? I always have trouble writing up characters under a deadline, and I think Blackberry or El Rayo would be fun to play as.

I have never played M&M before. How noob/new-player friendly do you imagine this game is going to be?

@RocknRollFTW Sure you can use one of the premade characters.
@Slamdingo Not sure how noob/new-player friendly it would be. I'll try to explain what's going on but It probably won't be a tutorial game.

Oh I don't need a tutorial game. Just don't mind the occasional stupid question and I should be good.

Id like to know if there are any banned powers/adjusted rules, and if the game is more roleplay focused or more combat focused, or if its a balance between the two? I have some ideas for cool character concepts, but was wondering if this was meant as a more gritty/noir type game or a more golden age/marvel fun type of game? Either way I'm interested, but I'm curious about these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyToamto View Post
Id like to know if there are any banned powers/adjusted rules, and if the game is more roleplay focused or more combat focused, or if its a balance between the two? I have some ideas for cool character concepts, but was wondering if this was meant as a more gritty/noir type game or a more golden age/marvel fun type of game? Either way I'm interested, but I'm curious about these things.
No banned powers, as for rules, just using the rules in all the official supplements (All mechas, for example, are done using the gadget guide rules). A balance between the two, some emergency situations involve combat while others could be taking care of people after a disaster (earthquake, tsunamis, etc...)

As part of UNIQUE, it is important also to be diplomatic, so some negotiations of tense situations are important as well. In a classic superhero team, punching the bad guy and letting the authorities deal with the rest is the basic solution. When you represent UNIQUE and UNISON, international cooperation/treaty has to be taken into account. So it is not the easiest way to be a classic superhero.

The general tone is upbeat but not naive. Members of UNIQUE focus on making the world a better place above all.

Modern comics would be the better term. Modern comics embrace some silliness of the silver and golden age, with some harsh realities from time to time.