Episode 5: "The Brawl in Brooklyn" Tournament Begins! - Myth-Weavers

Episode 5: "The Brawl in Brooklyn" Tournament Begins!

Old Jul 6 '19, 6:03pm
PARTY HARD!

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Episode 5: "The Brawl in Brooklyn" Tournament Begins!

People of Wrestling - Forum
Apocalypse World

People of Wrestling just wrapped up the Regal Wrangle; and the next episode marks the beginning of "The Brawl in Brooklyn" tournament, which is a four episode event culminating in New York City. We are in the planning period, and newcomers are welcome! You can create a new wrestler, or you can scroll through episode 4 and take control of a non-player wrestler that I created on the spot!

The game is based on the Powered by the Apocalypse system with a few differences. It is very easy to pick up and it is an open system for descriptive narration.

Game Description:

This is an open game to anyone and everyone that want to live out his or her dream of being a pro wrestler! Be the golden boy face of the company, the hardcore hitter that doesn't give up without a hard fight, or even the jobber that likes to make everyone look their best!

BECOME THE KING OF THE RING!

This game follows the World Wide Wrestling RPG rules designed by Nathan D. Paoletta. You can get a copy of the rules here: http://ndpdesign.com/wwwrpg/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goredawn1722 View Post
I am so down for this lets play
Post a new thread in the "Locker Room!"

Wrestling has always fascinated me and this looks like a ton of fun. Though, I admit I'm not super familiar with all the ins and outs of wrestling or the terminology. Is it okay for a total newbie to join in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulyth View Post
Post a new thread in the "Locker Room!"
Hey um i dont know what all i need to put in for an app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goredawn1722 View Post
What all does it need
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexiconjurer View Post
Wrestling has always fascinated me and this looks like a ton of fun. Though, I admit I'm not super familiar with all the ins and outs of wrestling or the terminology. Is it okay for a total newbie to join in?
There are currently two books:
1. World Wide Wrestling
2. International Incident

Both of these books are written by Nathan D. Paoletta, which includes essays on the types and styles of pro wrestling, terminology, and the rules on how to play World Wide Wrestling. These essays are written with love by a true fan of pro wrestling that understand what it means to act and tell a story in and out of the ring. I like this game so much that I bought both physical books for $20 each, but you can easily get both as PDFs for $10 each.

When you're ready to submit your wrestler, just copy another character thread and fill in your details. You are welcome to pick any gimmick.

I picked up World Wide Wrestling. Is International Incident required or is it just extra stuff? Also, what Gimmicks haven't been picked? I know you said any but if there are ones that haven't been picked, I don't mind taking them.