Who wants to play Some RWBY? - Myth-Weavers

Who wants to play Some RWBY?

Old Jul 9 '19, 9:51pm
Wyrm

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Who wants to play Some RWBY?

Grimm at Dusk - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

So this will be a D&D 5e game based within the RWBY world. I've made a variety of home rules and added resources you can use. This game will focus on having fun with storytelling and combat encounters all while trying to balance school life. Make sure to check out the character creation/application rules, the various home rules, and anything else. Ask questions in the Frequently asked questions forum or directly message me. I will get back to you when I can.

I'm planning to keep the applications open until the 23rd but I may extend or reduce that time based on how many apply and the level of interest. However I will close on the 31st regardless of interest and applications.

I'm looking to craft a story with you guys and have some fun, you don't need to know the RWBY universe to play. I'm looking for 4 people but may extend it to 8 for two groups if there is enough amazing characters but if I do expect slightly slower responses.

I'm hoping for commitment to the game from both myself and my players. Lets try and finish this thing!

Game Description:

"Legends, stories scattered through time. Mankind have grown fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are Remnants, byproducts of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong wise and resourceful. But he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable Darkness, creatures of destruction, the creatures of Grimm. Set their sights on man and all of his creations.

These forces clashed, and it seemed this darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence into the void. However even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools to even the odds.

This power was appropriately named, Dust. Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness. And in the shadows absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly Life. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker, and die, and when they are gone, Darkness will return.

So you may prepare your Guardians, build your Monuments to a so called Free World, but take heed, there will be no victory in strength."

"Or perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you long forgotten, things that require smaller, more Honest Soul."

This story takes place within the world of remnant, the universe of Monty Oum's RWBY, here you will be Hunters and Huntresses starting their first year at Beacon Acadamy. This will be a sort of alternate reality, the teams of RWBY, JNPR, and the others exist but not the same drama will go down. You'll be in different classes then them but will have opportunities to interact with them. So good luck, have fun, and keep your Aura strong!

Oh hell yes i'm joining this shit i am in love with RWBY and especially Yang, secretly hoping for a chance to flirt with Yang, i am so doing this cant wait.

sorry I've been a little obsessed with RWBY since I've learned of its existence, and Yang has been my secret waifu for so long.

Oh I feel you, I've been watching RWBY since it first aired all the way up to season 6. Can't wait for seven to hit. Yang has also been a favorite character of mine, wouldn't go for dating but I just love her design.

I'm down, if you don't mind. It just depends on when and how it'll be run. PbP isn't exactly my thing, and timezones exist, along with the other games I'm involved in.

@Goredawn1722 Oh I get ya but just not my type.

@Max7238 I know the feeling but this will be run PbP, hoping for at least one reply a day Mon-Fri with Sat and Sun just being free days. I'm fine with days that are busy for the players just don't want sudden disappearances or dropping out later because of things you knew about before hand.

Well, nevertheless, I'd be willing to give it a try if you can have some patience with me as I learn the PbP format and how to roll in text, etc. I've been part of a BlazBlue RP for almost a decade, so I'm familiar with posting etiquette at least (saying you'll try to do X, or do X with the intent of Z effect, etc, so the DM can arbitrate).