Who wants to play Some RWBY? - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Who wants to play Some RWBY?

Old Jul 9 '19, 9:51pm
Wyrm

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Who wants to play Some RWBY?

Grimm at Dusk - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 5e

So this will be a D&D 5e game based within the RWBY world. I've made a variety of home rules and added resources you can use. This game will focus on having fun with storytelling and combat encounters all while trying to balance school life. Make sure to check out the character creation/application rules, the various home rules, and anything else. Ask questions in the Frequently asked questions forum or directly message me. I will get back to you when I can.

I'm planning to keep the applications open until the 23rd but I may extend or reduce that time based on how many apply and the level of interest. However I will close on the 31st regardless of interest and applications.

I'm looking to craft a story with you guys and have some fun, you don't need to know the RWBY universe to play. I'm looking for 4 people but may extend it to 8 for two groups if there is enough amazing characters but if I do expect slightly slower responses.

I'm hoping for commitment to the game from both myself and my players. Lets try and finish this thing!

Game Description:

"Legends, stories scattered through time. Mankind have grown fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are Remnants, byproducts of a forgotten past. Man, born from dust, was strong wise and resourceful. But he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable Darkness, creatures of destruction, the creatures of Grimm. Set their sights on man and all of his creations.

These forces clashed, and it seemed this darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence into the void. However even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools to even the odds.

This power was appropriately named, Dust. Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness. And in the shadows absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly Life. But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker, and die, and when they are gone, Darkness will return.

So you may prepare your Guardians, build your Monuments to a so called Free World, but take heed, there will be no victory in strength."

"Or perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you long forgotten, things that require smaller, more Honest Soul."

This story takes place within the world of remnant, the universe of Monty Oum's RWBY, here you will be Hunters and Huntresses starting their first year at Beacon Acadamy. This will be a sort of alternate reality, the teams of RWBY, JNPR, and the others exist but not the same drama will go down. You'll be in different classes then them but will have opportunities to interact with them. So good luck, have fun, and keep your Aura strong!

I was in a MnM3e game for RWBY that worked well (till the GM disappeared) but.. how are you going to make it work in 5e? I mean, I'm no master of the system, but a class-based system feels a little lacking given that everyone in RWBY is (for the most part) a warlock or sorceror.

My general Idea is Classes work to represent the individuals fighting style/skill.
Dust is of course an item/resource that can be used.
Semblances is just an add on/homebrew rule I'm trowing in as an ability you have access too.

There is a number of other homebrew stuff I have up and I hope can emulate the stuff RWBY does.

Yes please, I would love to join be an RWBY fan since before day one and a huge fan of Monty Oum & D&D.

You know... I'm the sort that usually tries to read through all the game conditions and houserules and such before I post interest but... forget that! Posting my interest straight up!

Me! I do, that series is awesome and I've wanted to play a game of it since season 1. The series is great, RIP Monty, you created something brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumrunner View Post
Me! I do, that series is awesome and I've wanted to play a game of it since season 1. The series is great, RIP Monty, you created something brilliant!

Ditto =]

Heard about this from a friend and thought it was a cool idea, and I figured I would attempt to apply for a D&D on RWBY. My personal favorite character is Blake. I hope that I get accepted.