Favors for the Merchant - A Modern Scifi/Fantasy Dimenstion Hopping Game - Myth-Weavers

Favors for the Merchant - A Modern Scifi/Fantasy Dimenstion Hopping Game

Old Jul 14 '19, 9:36pm
Young Adult Dragon

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Favors for the Merchant - A Modern Scifi/Fantasy Dimenstion Hopping Game

Favors for the Merchant - Forum
Pathfinder

Blurb"It's all because of the letter." you tell yourself as you enter the Silver Pawn. You didn't want to be reminded of that dark time in your life, and the help you got last time you entered the shop. You had always thought you had gotten too good a deal for what you had brought, but what he had given you was what got you out of your rut.

The Merchant, Memar Lucian. He was waiting there for you with an open hand and a smile. He explained that he had some errands that he needed ran, and you were the perfect person for them. He had some others in a similar to you that were going to be helping.

He never got to the consequences. You understood that you had no choice.

The Merchant has called in his Favor.

Non-Fluff BlurbI hope to run this game for at least 1 group of 4-6 people. The game is planned to be a series of errands the party is sent to various, or even the same alternate worlds to solve problems in them that are hindering the Merchant Memar Lucian's business. I have many worlds in mind, but would love to follow the players in the sorts of worlds they would like to see.
In addition to that, each world will most likely follow a different play style. Some may be straight Hack-Slash, while others may be Espionage and Politics. Most will be a mixture with one side coming out on top. I am a firm believer in Role-play and would appreciate it if those who apply feel the same. That being said if you are new, or feel like you are not a very good role-player I am more than happy to help you grow into one.

Additional SystemsI am going to try a personal system that is a variation of Classless. I will be utilizing what I am calling "
Name is subject to change and opinions are welcome.
Gear". You will start with 5 levels of your choice, and as the game continues you may add and swap out classes and even class features. In addition a second thread will be started that will be used as the "In Character Chat", as I am saying "Gear" allows the interconnected members to talk to each other faster than instantaneously. This is a feature provided by Memar to assist normal people make less mistakes and work together better then the average TacTeam.

Time-frame and Player LimitAt the moment I do not have a cut off date, but will tentatively set one for August 15th. Please understand this will change based on mine and others interest and availability.
I will be accepting 1 or more teams of 4-6. The teams will follow the standard Fantasy group tropes. If you make a character I particularly like, but you have chosen a class that is best fit by another applicant then I will talk to you privately about if you would like to play them in another role.

Character GenerationStarting Level: 5
Attributes: Within 1-2 points of 25.
Classes: First Party Pathfinder. As the game continues more and more options will become available.
Races: Human, but you will be able to change as the game goes on.
HP: Max every level.
Starting Wealth: 10,500, discounting standard adventuring gear. This is for fancy things only. All money not spent goes towards paying off your 'debt'
Traits: The usual, take a pair.
Starting Items: Basic Pathfinder. All items you select with your gold will be "gifted" to you by Memar to use while running his errands, and items he provides will be returned to him when finished. Anything you acquire on your own will be yours to keep.
Housekeeping: Background skills are on, Elephant in the Room. Commonplace Guns is variable
Alignment: Follow real life morallity. Anything especially rare in real life I would like excuses for.
What I expect on each application: A fleshed out normal person from the year 2017 who is capable of finding their way to Pleasant Grove, Ut at the start of the game for a weeks time. Any scheduling difficulties on the characters side will be dealt with after the first adventure.

Background Fluff Requirements: In the characters backstory they fell on hard times and sold something to the Silver Pawn and got back way more then they should have, and were told they will be asked to do him a few favors in the future. The favors are to go into other dimensions and gather things for him and check on his interests. He is going to be equipping you for these places, including the skills and knowledge necessary to do well in these places. More of this is explained in the Lore section.

Game Description:

"It's all because of the letter." you tell yourself as you enter the Silver Pawn. You didn't want to be reminded of that dark time in your life, and the help you got last time you entered the shop. You had always thought you had gotten too good a deal for what you had brought, but what he had given you was what got you out of your rut.

The Merchant, Memar Lucian. He was waiting there for you with an open hand and a smile. He explained that he had some errands that he needed ran, and you were the perfect person for them. He had some others in a similar to you that were going to be helping.

He never got to the consequences. You understood that you had no choice.

The Merchant has called in his Favor.

Last edited by The_Spade; Jul 27 '19 at 8:56pm..
Hey this looks pretty slick. Imma take a look and see if I can put up something good

What deities and pantheon(s) will be used?

@LDDragon - Deities and Pantheons will be based on the world. Some will have lots, some only a few, some none at all. If you are playing a Divine Caster, feel free to pick a Deity as normal, and I'll explain how the system changes things in the game/lore forums.

Ok cool, thanks for the reply.

There's a 't' in Dimension. I don't think it's a problem. A mod can fix the typo if you really want to. You could also close the ad for now and get your first group going and then open another ad to put your second together. I bet there'd be more response after school starts again.

Well I've discovered another typo, and this one is a biggie. I accidentally put September 15th as the cut off date for applications instead of August 15th. I'll be changing it in the add and informing all the people applying they have a month less then they think they do.

That shows me to not proofread my stuff before I post.