Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchomenos View Post
I ran a WtF game here a few years back. I was running the free preview adventure Manitou Spring. I also tried to start another WtF game later, but it was more than I could chew on. So here are some advices, in a jumble.

- ...but don't jump start on all side-plots. The reason I couldn't run my second game is I wanted to start with the First Change for each player. I haven't foreseen it implied creating a lot of NPCs for each potential players, and that no one was posting at the same pace. For example, I made plans to use a potential PC as a tie for 2 or 3 other PCs, but that potential PC didn't involve in the game after all.
*Sniff* I had such high hopes for that second game. I really liked my Storm Lord Cahalith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchomenos View Post
- A pet peeve I have with scenarios like the above one is when you take a few newly changed werewolves (pups), with equal (or equivalent) experience, and tell them they form a pack, they should have an alpha, a beta, an omega, etc. An idea I had in mind was one or two elder werewolves NPCs (or PCs?)
One of them could be an Ithaeur, able to teach new rites to the PCs and use advanced rites that could advance your plot.
*, survivors of their former packs, gathering a few pups (the PCs) to form a new pack and defend their territory. Eventually, the elders would retire (or die, or travel to another plane, or whatever); by then, it'd be more natural to find who will be the new alpha. And meanwhile, some locals could experience their own first change.
Yes - I think for this story line I'm going to avoid First Changes as an initial storyline. We can go back and do them as preludes for additional XP if players want, but I'm going to focus on the primary story at first. As far as bringing them in, I was thinking of using one of the methods you described: they would be werewolves called from various corners of the country to bolster the faltering pack with a temporary sage to guide them or they would be younger (but not pup) members of the existing pack where one or two of the elders is still alive, but giving them more freedom to act on their own. Right now, I'm leaning towards the latter.

I'm still alternating whether my major story arch is going to be Spirits & Humans or the Pure. It seems like Spirits & Humans might make for a more mysterious, lengthy search and therefore more appropriate for the story arch. Dealings with the Pure and other Forsaken can be occasional skirmishes and politicking (although, it is probably a lot more in your face and exciting than dealing with spirits).