Old Jun 12 '17, 7:59pm
Grail Mercenary

Zombie Apocalypse Needs More Survivors

Survive the Zombie Apocalypse - Forum
D20 Modern
Ad Closes: Jun 20 '17
Estimated Members Requested: 3

Survivors Needed!

The Story so FarThe zombie apocalypse has begun! Well, actually it began months ago, but for the current survivors, it hasn't been that long. Passengers on a Grey Hound bus traveling from New York City to Las Vegas, the bus crashed near Aurora, CO and put the few passengers that survived in a coma for a few months. Now awake, the bus survivors, along with a handful of survivors stuck in the hospital have set out.

With a plan in mind, the group set out with vehicles from the hospital to travel to a damn, pinning their chance of survival on a stable source of running water, among other things. But fate isn't going to make it easy. Finding lost survivors (three children & a dog), avoiding a couple of heavily armed bikers, and even fending of a horde of zombies while fixing their ambulance after an accident, the group is heading to a snow plow store in the hopes of bolstering their vehicle caravan.

There have been losses along the way, including a fireman from NY being the first person killed by a zombie that the others witnessed, a retired Air Force pilot sacrificing himself to save the others, and an army medic bitten and unable to survive that (there was no time to amputate).

Game Stuff
• Place your app in the Z-Ned Survivors Thread
• 5th level, but with stipulations:
• First 3 levels should be based on normal, pre-zombie world.
• 4th and 5th levels should be focused on zombie apocalypse stuff.
• This is to show that your character wasn't just around for only the apocalypse.
• In your background, include no more than 2 paragraphs about what your character did/was before zombies.
• The new players chosen will be their own small surviving band and will join up with the current cast.
• Don't worry about weapons and gear, we'll cover that together.
• The current group consists of 3 PCs, 7 NPCs (one of which was a PC), and soon to be 1 new PC. Hoping to add 3 more PCs. There were 5 other NPCs (including 3 children) and a dog, but they are leaving the group. (Of the deaths listed above, 2 were NPCs.)
• I will be honest, the players have been cautious for the most part, but do expect character deaths. One bite can do you in.

Game Description:

The Zombie Apocalypse

The world as you know it is over. Whatever you once were probably doesn't matter anymore. The science fiction movies, TV shows, books, etc. about zombies is no longer fiction.

The Dead walk the Earth!
Before the Apocalypse
Sometime ago...
Today is a good day, you think to yourself. You're on a bus, filled with plenty of other people, on the road to Las Vegas! Some people are going for vacation, others perhaps to make (or lose) money, some to get married, and others... well, who knows. The bus is loaded and ready to go. You chat with others, listen to music, watch your favorite show, read a book, take a nap, or whatever else to help pass the time.

After many hours of travel, the bus driver announces that we will be stopping within the hour at the hotel to rest for the night. Some people cheer, glad they can move around more, maybe enjoy the hotel pool.

Suddenly! the bus driver screams and curses, and everyone lurches forward as the driver slams on the brakes.
CRASH!
The bus comes to a complete stop, crashing into something. You don't know what it is because you've sustained a near fatal blow to the head.

Now, you awake in a hospital...

Last edited by johnnyusf; Jun 12 '17 at 8:00pm..
Throwing in my interest. Female Military Intelligence Officer. Can't link to the sheet however, because I haven't made 5 posts yet...

Welcome. Giving you an opportunity for another post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starhawk View Post
Welcome. Giving you an opportunity for another post.
Thanks for the warm welcome and opportunity for a post. Question. How regularly are games started around here? often enough or are there dry spells? There doesn't seem to be a lack of players so much as a lack of GMs. I get that feeling from the posts I've read from GMs saying they have 20+ applicants...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thateous View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome and opportunity for a post. Question. How regularly are games started around here? often enough or are there dry spells? There doesn't seem to be a lack of players so much as a lack of GMs. I get that feeling from the posts I've read from GMs saying they have 20+ applicants...
Depends on the Game. Pathfinder gets tons of applicants, other games, depending on system or personal liking. There always seems to be enough to fill a game, I've only seen one not start.

Mistakes were made, I never noticed the additional forums on the left where the actual application thread was. Epic Face Palm

I had one not start. It was using BRP.. the same system as call of cthulu and Runequest. It was a rebuild civilisation after zombies. Its a system that allows apprentice training. I cant see that happening in d20.

Still accepting applications or is it closed down now? I'll have to look over the D20 rules before I can put something together. Is there a minimum posting schedule for players?

Is there a system for training apprentices in d20? Seems kinda necessary to have padawans for necessary skills.

Closed down, sorry.

Damn, so I missed the deadline (pun intended)?